Favourite tough WOMAN

Tools    

I agree-Selene in the Underworld.

Patricia Arquette-True Romance

James Gandolfini trashed the whole motel room with her and she still managed to kill him

A few others of note I think ; The original La Femme Nikita( the french version not the stupid remake)Michelle Yeoh and Ziyi Zhang, How about Jennifer Garner In Elektra and Daredevil she did most of her own stunts btw. Keira Knightly In Domino , Angela Basset in Strange days kicked some serious ass in that movie also some guilty pleasures of mine are as follows,
Pamela Anderson Barbwire
Lori Petty Tank Girl
Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider 1&2 and Mr.&Mrs. Smith
Milla Jovovich The Fifth Element and Resident Evil

Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider flicks.

Uma Thurman's character in Kill Bill, hands down.

See the trailer here:

As people have already said my favourites, I am going back to another life of mine when I was a very very little girl I wanted to be Annie Oakly, I thought she was sooo tough
Good choice, Nebbit! Did you ever see the film where Barbara Stanwyck played Annie Oakly? Now she really was tough!

Did you ever see the film where Barbara Stanwyck played Annie Oakly? Now she really was tough!
I have, I think she is tough in most roles

I have, I think she is tough in most roles
Stanwyck was hard as nails in Double Indemnity, using MacMurray, her stepdaughter, and the stepdaughter's boy friend to futher her evil scheme. As the nurse, she even kills the first wife so as to marry the husband (in the book, she practices by killing several patients--small children and old people--to see if she can get away with it).

She's really tough in Crime of Passion, sleeping with police chief Raymond Burr to advance the career of her cop-husband Sterling Hayden and then killing Burr when he drops them both; She's also a hard case sleeping her way to the top in Baby Face, a 1933 film that gave the censors fits! But one of my favorites (after Double Indemnity) is The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946) when she helps convict an innocent man for the murder she committed. She was extra hard in The Furies when she lets her cattle-baron father hang her friend Gilbert Roland when all she has to do to stop the lynching is to ask her father to let him go. She lets her friend hang rather than back down to her dad!

One woman who could always give Stanwyck competition for the Tough Gal title was Ida Lupino, whether she's dealing with a psychotic Robert Ryan in Beware My Lovely (1952) or trying to cheat Glenn Ford out of the Lost Dutchman's mine in Lust for Gold (1949).

Anybody can be tough when they're packing iron, but it takes a really tough babe like Gloria Grahame to take out Lee Marvin with a pot of boiling water to the face in The Big Heat (1953).
Cody Jarrett
However, my top contender for Tough Lady is one most people won't recognize at first--English-born Margaret Wycherly who as Ma Jarrett played mom to the world's most dangerous mama's boy, Cody Jarrett (James Cagney) in White Heat (1949). It was Ma who helps Cody though his debilitating headaches, helps him control his evil gang and wayward wife. And when one of Cody's gang gets a buddy to try to kill Jarrett in prison, it's Ma who gets her gun and goes after the dirty rat who's trying to kill her son. Talk about Tough Love! Wycherly also played another mother with a steel backbone but higher principles as Gary Cooper's ma in Sergeant York.

Nicole Kidman can be tough. The movie Malice showed just how tough she can be.

Nicole Kidman can be tough. The movie Malice showed just how tough she can be.
She was pretty tough in Dead Calm. A survivor anyways.

Inspired by a thread titled 'Favourite tough guy'.

This thread is self-explanatory. You guys state your favourite tough action or superheroine from any film. I would usually pick Sarah Michelle Gellar's Buffy but this is FILM not television, therefore, we're sticking only with those sweet 4 letters.

When I think of tough girls, Kill Bill's The Bride always comes to mind. Her quest for vengeance is unparalleled to that of the Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson flicks. I liked that she not only got beat up as much as a bloke would, but also dished out a veroucious beating that even Vinny Jones would be proud of. She's obviously an icon to all females, but I also think that there were a lot of males out there that saw her as the most iconic tough girl since Jackie/Foxy Brown.

Another favourite tough girl has to be...ahhh, I won't take it all up. I'll leave the rest to you guys.
I don't know the actress' name but there's a scene in Dead End (1937) where one of the Dead End kids has to take care of a sibling toddler in a baby buggy on the sidewalk of the slum where they live. So he gives the kid a piece of candy to keep it quite, then goes to play with his buddies in the street. A ragged middle-aged woman comes over and kind of coochie-coos the baby, looks around to make sure she's not being watched, then takes the baby's candy and walks away eating it. Taking candy from a baby! Now that's tough!

Jodie Foster in Flightplan
Sandra Bullock in The Net
Elizabeth Berkeley in Showgirls

As my username might suggest, my vote goes to Thana, aka Ms. 45 in Abel Ferrera's vigilante classic. An absolute must-see for fans of civilian justice/vengeance movies, Zoe Lund's portrayal of the passive, literally mute doormat-victim turned merciless executioner of those whose crimes more or less amount to having a penis, is, well, awesome (yeah). Also, she co-wrote Bad Lieutenant, a later film by Ferrera!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ferrara_ms45.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	5847