The Eye (2008)

Tools    

I can't wait to see the US remake of the Hong Kong horror movie, "The Eye," which is now slated for February 2008. I think it's a great vehicle for Jessica Alba. I heard they are making the story have more depth and more scares.

Parker Posey also stars.

fbi
The chinese version scared the crap out of me. It took me a while before i had the courage to watch more asian ghost films and i am chinese myself.

I dont know...this one just made a deep impression on me. Seen a few japanese and chinese horror movies since but they werent that scary.

The grudge was rubbish. I dont really watch the eye now. But hey, may check out the jess alba one. shes cute and am curious about remakes anyway.

A system of cells interlinked
I own the original. One of my favorite Hong Kong flicks...

As usual, the remake is probably not necessary...

I was looking up Jess Alba and found this movie coming up. Sounds great and I haven't seen the original so I'll be hunting around for that one.

That was gonna be my first question, if this was another remake and since it is blah, blah, blah. Off to some other thread.

Instead of starting a new thread might as well REZ this with the trailer than just got released.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809824029/video/4503020

Looks alright from the trailer but you never know what the finished product will seem like.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

i never really paid attention to this thread, but i found the movie on the net

im watching it this weekend

wow, this is pretty exciting and I hope that this will be as scary as The Eye1. I cant wait to see this on big screen

to be honest, i didnt find the original all that scary

i guess i was just expecting too much

I'm excited to see how Jesicca Alba would handle such role in this upcoming movie.. I'm hoping that the movie itself would be at least as striking as the Hongkong version..

I'm still not sold on Jessica Alba short of her uhm, physical attributes. A big part of what made The Eye work for me was Angelica Lee's facial expressions throughout the better half of the movie. It's what made me constantly reassess what I was seeing as a viewer. Whether or not Alba can recreate this effect remains to be seen. Pun.