Why do people hate ARMAGEDDON - whats wrong with it????

Tools    

There was a little more to it than that.
Aw, well, that's cute picturing you doing that, but for a movie, I need something more along the lines of 9½ Weeks. Hot Shots, even. Did you ever fry an egg on her stomach?

Here's a few reasons I like this movie... I'm shallow, I'm easily entertained, I have no taste, I don't need the movie to be good, I love these lines...

President: We didn't see this thing coming?
Dan: Well, our object collision budget's about a million dollars. That allows us to track about 3% of the sky, and beg'n your pardon sir, but it's a big-ass sky.

Karl: Sir, I'm retired navy, I know all about classified. But one more thing. The person who finds her gets to name her right?
Dan: Yes, yes that's right, that's right.
Karl: I wanna name her Dottie after my wife. She's a vicious life-sucking bitch from which there is no escape.

Ahh, comedy gold...

PW, that last quote is gold. I loved this film. Is it great? No. Is it fun? Yes.
A good B+ film IMO...which is a site better than 98% of filth on screen these days.

I am half agony, half hope.
Don't forget General Kimsey: "The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun."

Awesome...

Johann von Goethe

I liked Deep Impact better. I couldn't stand having to sit through Armageddon. I was totally outrageous in plot. Everything went wrong, I mean not a single thing worked. At some point you have to have something go right or it's just a soap opera. The whole movie is we can kick this thing in the butt 'cause we are American and it made the whole thing less serious.

Maybe I'm just too tight cheeked to get movies like this but it was just awful. The cast must have been stoned when they agreed to do it or thought it was easy money.

Once I figured what the movie was about, I liked it.
I fact, I watch it at least once a month to relax.
Why?
  • It has some great lines....for example, the one about the potato gun.
  • I like the testing scenes.
  • Buschemi? He's funny.

I think Michael Bay redeemed himself a little bit with transformers, but just a little.

I thought the Script was a big let down for this movie and was one of the worse things about it

When a guy I worked with asked why I didn't want to see it, I told him I already saw it in the trailer (and a million other summer action films) and predicted for him, point by point, exactly what I thought he'd see when he paid to see this flick. He came back to work after the weekend and told me with a shocked expression "you had it exactly right except Bruce Willis got killed in the end." I said, "He did? Cool!" because I didn't see that coming.