Which is scarier: reason, or obsession?

Tools    

I don't know, corpses just aren't scary to me. They're already dead, why be afraid of a dead person?
It's a primal sort of thing. Not something that can be easily put into words. You may as well ask why be afraid of any of these things we're talking about.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I'm scared of corpses even when they're not reanimated.
For me, I think it's partly my mental association I have with a memory when I was very young of my grandfather's funeral, and seeing his body up close.

So I think fears can have a very personal aspect that other people won't always understand.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
okay. from now on, if the last 5 posts in a thread are jokey, i just won't post my opinion ever again unless i add a picture or a smiley. i wouldn't want to be seen as taking **** too seriously.

okay. from now on, if the last 5 posts in a thread are jokey, i just won't post my opinion ever again unless i add a picture or a smiley. i wouldn't want to be seen as taking **** too seriously.
You mad??

Corpses horrify me because they are nightmarish reminders that the body - no matter how sexy it is - will always turn ghoulish and disgusting upon death. Dying is such a cancelled check on this thing called life and everything we assign as important to it.

Reanimated corpses, though... if they weren't always so crazy about eating flesh and brains, I wonder if they could ever be less scary and lead a normal life. I wonder if it would be possible for zombies to be sexy. I wanna see a zombie movie where the zombies come back to life and become fashion models. NOBODY BETTER STEAL THAT IDEA.

I think zombies are also frightening because they imply that sort of meaninglessness as well.

They are mechanical and amoral things, representing a kind of nihilism that seems to pervade the universe.

It's horrible... and just think, your body is already fully equipped to die whenever it does. Right now, your body is completely programmed to turn into a corpse should it happen to die. You've got those set of instructions already inside you. It's freaky.

That's the worst thing about them, really. They don't even mean to be vile and violent. They just are.

It's different with an intelligent force, like a Devil or an evil alien. They at least have some kind of reason to them. But the zombie is just an empty thing, acting on instinct. It doesn't try to be evil, and to it evil doesn't even exist. It just acts according to its nature, and is as indifferent as the universe in which it exists, which is a nature that a feeling, thinking human finds horrible to contemplate.

I'm relaxed. Believe it or not, I choose to read and post.

If the discussion bothers you, perhaps you shouldn't participate. Just friendly advice.

It's horrible... and just think, your body is already fully equipped to die whenever it does. Right now, your body is completely programmed to turn into a corpse should it happen to die. You've got those set of instructions already inside you. It's freaky.
It's pretty weird, to say the least.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I'm relaxed. Believe it or not, I choose to read and post.

If the discussion bothers you, perhaps you shouldn't participate. Just friendly advice.
i was never, ever bothered by this discussion. that's the thing, i actually said something earlier on topic but i was told to relax because it was in the midst of silly-time. so.... i'm confused. and kinda disoriented.

It's just like... I know you don't turn into a corpse until your body dies... but somewhere right now in the system of your own body, it's got to know what to do in case of death, it's got to know to go through rigor mortis and all that stuff to decay properly and dispose of itself. I wonder why bones have to hang around, though. That's an interesting thought. Any idea why bones don't really decay? I mean, in terms of nature and the body getting rid of itself... why do bones stick around?

Ooooh, I just heard thunder after writing that....

i was never, ever bothered by this discussion. that's the thing, i actually said something earlier on topic but i was told to relax because it was in the midst of silly-time. so.... i'm confused. and kinda disoriented.
Relax, ash. There's no need to be confused and disoriented.

Semper Fooey
Zombies bore the crap out of me. And they are good example how language changes words. Zombies as we now know them did not exist before the Romero movie. Flesh eating monsters from the dead were ghouls. Zombies were brought back from the dead by voodoo to work as mindless slaves. They didn't eat people.

Ghosts may exist, aliens may exist, zombies are pure baloney.

It's just like... I know you don't turn into a corpse until your body dies... but somewhere right now in the system of your own body, it's got to know what to do in case of death, it's got to know to go through rigor mortis and all that stuff to decay properly and dispose of itself. I wonder why bones have to hang around, though. That's an interesting thought. Any idea why bones don't really decay? I mean, in terms of nature and the body getting rid of itself... why do bones stick around?

Ooooh, I just heard thunder after writing that....
Spooky.

But it's like Yoda says, I think. It just undergoes a natural process. It's an object, a part of the physical world, and that means it is subject to entropy. Perhaps you could look at it as the entropy increasing rapidly when there's no longer "anyone home" to resist.