Movies you are afraid of

Tools    

the Ring.

And this is my BOOMstick!
6th Sense

Pi by Darenofsky (sp?)

I saw it half way but had to go somewhere. Stopped it and never could get myself to put that freaky movie back in.

a movie that just completley terrified me was Evil Dead II.i watched it when i was totally wasted and i almost cried.i watched it awhile ago sober and i was fine.lol it was really terrifing

When people say The Ring do they mean the original or the Hollywood remake.
I mean the Hollywood remake is good but it isn't scary.

However the original made me think twice about switching my tv on again.

I've never had a movie truly scare me, as in I'm still thinking about it and terrified by it the day after. The closest a film has come to doing that is Eraserhead. It made me think of the terrors of fatherhood, that while far off in my future, could still strike me. Lynch made the film so eerie. Every scene is chilling. But its one of the greatest films I've ever seen, and I'll probably watch it again soon. Also with this film, the lights at my friends house went out after watching it, so we went ape****.
Irreversible was so disturbing, I'll probably never watch it again, but it was still a great film.
Out of the more conventional picks, I saw The Ring in theatres when I was 13 and the boo scares startled the hell out of me, but the film had no lasting effect.
Poltergeist was my first scary film, and it had some moments that creeped me out, especially the clown scene.
The Evil Dead was a sleepover staple for me and one of my buddies, and the first time we watched it I was pretty wigged out. It doesn't scare me anymore, but it definitely had some gross **** in it that freaked me out the first time. Its still one of my favorite horror films today.

So many good movies, so little time.
Tod Browning's Freaks (1932)

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Neutral Milk Hotel
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Need I say more?
I have no idea why this movie scares some people. Why do people fear midgets nowadays? it just makes no sence to me. But the movie that scares me ****tless and this will sound dumb but....Signs.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by uconjack
That was an interesting movie, but frightening!

on a related note,

I don't know the title to this -- it's a horror flick I saw in the 80's -- anyway, there's this woman; she's in the bathroom I think; she drinks a glass of water, then all of a sudden she screams in pain, collapses on the floor, and still conscious, gives birth to a full grown man.

the angle is side view -- all you can see are her legs, and the bloody man crawling his way out.

Then the man takes a shower to wash the blood off.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Why are you afraid of this movie?
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

So many good movies, so little time.
It is the only movie that I have owned that I liked and then got rid of because I did not want it in the house. It is just a creepy, scary movie. Have you ever seen it?

And this is my BOOMstick!

So disturbingly good and scary.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
I am deathly afraid of sharks so I hate Jaws, ive not even seen it im that afraid, i cant even look at the poster for it
Then don't look at this THREAD!!!!!

^^ When I read the word, "Highlander," I think to myself, "I'm gonna go take a dump."
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Hey what's wrong with Highlander??? You've got ze scottish man played ze froggie(lambert) and as a stroke of genius a spaniard played by a jock(sir sean). " Yesh I'm Wan Ramirezsh from Spain, yesh mish moneypenny" Hey ho, come mess with our heritage big money-making Hollywood machine. The Kirgin was a kick-ass baddie though. Let's not mention the other films in this franchise or the dodgy tv show!!!

Thought the remake of " The Grudge" was terryfying, but in a good way, hey we all like to hide behind the sofa sometimes(strange having a sofa in the cinema, please don't pick holes)
Still have problems watching anything with Hugh Grant or Woody Allen, strange phobia I know, but it's the constant cold weather and rain over here!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

It is the only movie that I have owned that I liked and then got rid of because I did not want it in the house. It is just a creepy, scary movie. Have you ever seen it?
Yes a few times, many years ago.

Originally Posted by OG-
Oh God, that is what that movie is called!? Little Monsters scared.the.crap. out of me. I think that is actually the only movie that has EVER given me nightmares.
Oh my god, what is it with you people who are scared by Little Monsters?! I LOVED that movie when I was a kid. In fact, I don't own it, but I need to buy it, cause I'm always seeing it on sale for $10, but I think, "Oh, that's such a kiddie movie. I'm a little too old for it." I have it on videotape back at my parents' place, and I even had the kiddie novelization to it. That movie was a lot of fun. I used to wish that there really was an entrance to a monster world under your bed. Maurice and I could have partied.

Anyway, I can't think of a movie that I'm scared to see again. I don't have one as of now. If I think of something, I'll pop in this thread again.

Lets put a smile on that block
The trailer and reviews of new Brit-Flic horror The Descent are scaring me. I think i might be too much of a girl to go see it.