MoFo Fantasy Football 2023 - The Season

Tools    

I was declared the champ due to the Damar Hamlin game.

I was gonna delete the post but since you already saw it, yeah I found out you two agreed on a playoff game matchup. Sorry, my bad.

I know we all suffered injuries to our potential stars, so my failings were not unique in that sense. But damn, they sure made it nearly impossible for me to get wins. Nine losses in a row. Projections are hardly reliable, but in a week where I was "favored" by over thirteen points only to lose by nineteen, that kinda sums up my season.

After weeks of waiting my first pick - the first pick off the board - Justin Jefferson returned to the Vikings' lineup, as well as mine. He caught two quick passes on three targets...and then promptly acquired a new injury and was out for the rest of the game. 3.70 points is not the return I hoped for, though it is the one I should have seen coming. Michael Pittman turned out to be my most consistent WR and he turned in another solid if unspectacular outing with 15.50 in the loss to Cincy. That gives him a 13.37 per-game average for the season, thus far. That modest number makes him my second-best. Brandon Aiyuk was much more up and down for the season, but played better in the second half leading to a 13.94 per-game average, and he damn near hit that this week with a 13.60. But neither were going to be enough to overcome Jefferson's early exit.

For a while, both this week and this season, it looked as though Breece Hall might be my savior. We will never know what might have been for my team or The Jets had Aaron Rodgers played this season, but Breece had flashes of super stardom even without anybody reliable at QB. In the surprise drubbing of Houston he managed 126 total yards and a TD (22.60). It looked like I was going to carry the week on his shoulders. Alas.

All I really needed to win this past week was for Miami not to ***** the bed. I had Tua Tagovailoa and De'Von Achane left on MNF, Tongo had Derek Henry. Of course we know what happened: The Titans and a suddenly resurgent Henry stunned Miami, whose O-Line injuries are piling up, losing their Center this time. Henry rumbled for a pair of TDs and 17.60 points while Tua and De'Von managed only 9.10 and 9.60 points in a game where The Dolphins scored 27 points. Almost unbelievable, except it has become the norm. Tua had a critical red zone fumble and was ineffective with Tyreek Hill out for stretches of the game while Mostert did all of the scoring on the ground. Ugh.

Tonight begins the Losers Bracket. Sorry, the Consolation Bracket. I face Yoda and if trends hold true I will be quickly ousted, even here. Mercifully.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Wow.
Vegas up 42-0 at the half.
And Adams has yet to score.
Which sucks, because they’ll start running that ball down their throats for the second half.

According to the rules I have a top 6 team. According to the eye test I'd be lucky to have a top twelve team. 8th in points scored but a favorable second half schedule landed me in the playoffs. If I could give my spot to Wylde (talk about an unfortunate season), I still wouldn't do it, but he certainly deserves to be in the playoffs over my group of questionables. This is why I never ride or die with fantasy. Every year there's a team or two that get shafted with scheduling and there's always a team that shouldn't make the playoffs but does. If you've played this long enough it's happened to you. In another league I'm second in points but have a 6-8 record and I'm out of the playoffs. I'm not sure if I have the worst team to ever make the playoffs but it has to be close.

According to the rules I have a top 6 team. According to the eye test I'd be lucky to have a top twelve team. 8th in points scored but a favorable second half schedule landed me in the playoffs. If I could give my spot to Wylde (talk about an unfortunate season), I still wouldn't do it, but he certainly deserves to be in the playoffs over my group of questionables. This is why I never ride or die with fantasy. Every year there's a team or two that get shafted with scheduling and there's always a team that shouldn't make the playoffs but does. If you've played this long enough it's happened to you. In another league I'm second in points but have a 6-8 record and I'm out of the playoffs. I'm not sure if I have the worst team to ever make the playoffs but it has to be close.
Maybe your squad could be the 1981 Oakland Raiders. Since Justin has a Jerry Jones Fantasy team it would be more fitting for your squad. Im rooting for you, and anyone else that hasnt won.

Spaulding's reading all this right now with a maniacal laugh wringing his hands, overfull from drinking our tears this season

The trick is not minding
I don’t have any complaints about how my season ended. Last year I was fortunate to make the playoffs with a very underwhelming team that only averaged 104 a game. It happens.

Can’t blame injuries really. Although losing Burrow hurt. No, My issue was depth, and a few of my players kind of disappeared for large chunks of time (Diggs lately, Pollard for about a 4 game stretch). Pierce just never seemed to build on last years momentum. Truly a disappointment. Godwin hasn’t been the same player he was two years ago.

Looks like my team kinda went off this week. Hopefully they saved a few points for this week!

Thank goodness that is over. If it was a fight they would have stopped it about week twelve.

Yoda has officially bounced me even from the Consolation Bracket. Mind you it was a week where he had Chris Olave as a late scratch who got him 0.00 and even worse Bijan Robinson's microscopic total was wiped out by a lost fumble, so he actually finished with a negative score of -0.10. And yet...he still beat me by 18.58 points. Not even close. It helped that he had the Miami DEF and they were actually his top scorer with 24.00 points! That blow out against the hapless Jets sunk me as both Tua Tagovailoa and De'Von Achane on my squad were not needed much, topping out at 14.96 and 7.70 points on a day they won 30-0. Of course that also meant that poor Breece Hall on the other sideline had no chance and no Fantasy numbers, managing only 2.30. Yeah.

Justin Jefferson actually played and had a decent game with seven catches for 84 yards, but no scores. Michael Pittman was doing damn fine in his game with four catches for 78 yards before he was pulled in concussion protocol on a night where he certainly would have seen more targets in the win over Pittsburgh. Brandon Aiyuk saw all of the fun go to McCaffrey and Deebo, finishing with only three short catches even though San Fran scored 45 points. And The Commanders have been so bad of late and McLaurin so uninvolved that I sat him...so of course he promptly had his best game of the season with six catches for 141 yards and a TD (23.10) which I left on my bench along with Baker Mayfield who had one of his best games of his career with four TDs, no turnovers, and 37.04 unused Fantasy points.

What a mess. About the only thing that went right for me this season is after I traded away Mark Andrews (for Tua) and suffered through some TEs who always got me less than ten points and twice ended up with zero points, I found Arizona rookie Trey McBride on the waiver wire. But it was waaaaaay too little waaaaay too late.

My overall draft strategy wasn't as horrible as the resulting season. Taking Aaron Rodgers in the mid rounds rather than going for one of the top four or five QBs might have worked, had he not been injured ON THE THIRD PLAY OF THE SEASON. Had Jefferson stayed healthy he would have been a fine number one pick as he was averaging about 20 points per game even when Minnesota was losing. And if Rodgers had played, surely Breece Hall would have been a weapon, sometimes even an explosive one. Reaching down to take Achane was also a good instinct, and had he stayed healthy my goodness the numbers he might have put up. My biggest fault, draft wise, was relying on two Commanders, and that comes from the optimism of a fan who hoped for a much, much better season where Terry McLaurin and Brian Robinson Jr. might have had some fun and some gaudy stats. Alas.

At least it is over.

Well, so much for any 81' Oakland Raiders fairy tale ending to this season. Now it's all up to Powdered Water to win what he's never won before. Go my son, go do lots of roids, and make the miracle happen

Aah poor guy, you still think this all makes sense.

The match-up of the week is......me vs rauldc14 !!!!

Lets make this interesting rauld, want to make a no-money forum wager? Like loser has to change their watchamacallit underneath their forum name to what the victor wants?

We should. In fact all of us in the consolation bracket should. Itll make it worth something to all of us pitiful wannabe bottom-feeders.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Aah poor guy, you still think this all makes sense.

The match-up of the week is......me vs rauldc14 !!!!

Lets make this interesting rauld, want to make a no-money forum wager? Like loser has to change their watchamacallit underneath their forum name to what the victor wants?

We should. In fact all of us in the consolation bracket should. Itll make it worth something to all of us pitiful wannabe bottom-feeders.
That works for me Tongo. Have a little fun with it!

That works for me Tongo. Have a little fun with it!
You da man Dustin ! Dont worry I won't be a dick if I win but you know I gotta get that out from underneath your name finally, and you know why

If you win, well, sigh....Ill deserve whatever you do. Over the years my behavior has been less than exemplary.

Wow! Amari Cooper completely went nuts yesterday, almost 50 points.

Merry Christmas league, yall are good eggs