jokerboyboy1991's Movie Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Page 1
Paul Blart: Mall Cop -

Friday the 13th -

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
That's it!? That's your review?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'll be honest, that's about as much of a review of Paul Blart: Mall Cop as I want to see. In fact, that's about as much of Paul Blart: Mall Cop all together.

Agreed, honeykid. Heh.

But, for future reference, making the reviews just a tad more detailed would be a wise thing to do, jokerboy, if you want to have a wider following of your reviews.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Can't tell if everyone's being really sarcastic, but that clearly wasn't meant as a review. At least, I don't think it was. I think he just did the whole Table of Contents thing without actually posting the reviews, when it should be the other way around.

I'll have 'em up real soon.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop (2009)
Kevin James, Keir O'Donnell, Jayma Mays, Raini Rodriguez, Erick Avari

So, is Paul Blart: Mall Cop a good movie?

Paul Blart is a cop working in a local mall as a security guard. Despite not being able to become an actual police officer, he does take his job too seriously. However, not when things get messy. When a group of bandits attempt to take over the mall, Paul Blart stays behind to take them down.

Not to mention, the girl he secretly loves is being held hostage inside as well, and his dating troubles have suffered enough. His habbit to fall asleep due to a medical issue doesn't work out so good for him either.

My favorite scene from the movie would have to be when he rises up from the ball pit. I know it's a short scene, but I thought it was so clever how it shows him sneak up on the robber like that. It gave me a huge laugh. Another scene I liked was the very beginning, how he acts all tough chewing that piece of gum, plus how he tries to stop eating as much but yet he keeps thinking about food at the table, talking about his mom's food. They are pretty much short scenes, but they are full of creativity in my opinion. The direction was fantastic, the entire movie was actually. I had serious doubts of the film when I saw the trailer, but after I watched the actual movie, I enjoyed it. The script was not original, but it was alright. I didn't really care for the jokes throughout the film. Kevin James's performance was hilarious, one of the best comedic performances I have ever seen. The entire movie was great.

The story was okay, the story didn't make me want to see the movie. I am a Kevin James fan so that is what made me see this movie. Even though I never absolutely loved King of Queens, I have found Kevin James to be funny. It did put the character, Paul Blart, in a funny situation.

I can see somebody acting like Paul Blart in real life. The movie wasn't visually stunning as in the scenery or action sequences, but it was in the way of a comedy movie would be, if that even makes any sense. It was just the way Kevin James acted I guess.

My friends had been talking about this movie for a long time, so I decided to rent it when it came out on DVD. I am honestly glad I spent the money and the time to watch it, even though I must admit it could have been way better than what it was. So as it sits, Kevin James gave a great performance as Paul Blart, and the laughs were good.