Paramount buys Dreamworks

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Your avatar fits quite well with the face I made after reading this article.

Randomly visiting for now
this doesn't bode well for our movie industry, it might end up more like the music industry with very few powerful recording companies, that would make me very sad indeed...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I actually don't think the buyout will affect the quality of DreamWork's productions at all. If anything, it just gives DreamWork's more financial backing to work with. They'll continue to produce films that are masterfully crafted for a wide market as buyouts tend to trim the fat, which is something DreamWorks had very little of to begin with.

The buyout I'm concerned with is the attempted purchase(s) of Lions Gate Films which is without question the best champion of genre and independent films. If Lions Gate gets purchased by a much larger studio (and since NBC-Universal lost the bid for DreamWorks, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they go after Lions Gate next. Or in a few years time, the newly formed Weinstein Co) we as an audience could surely expect a great loss in not only the quality of films, but the quantity as well that Lions Gate acquires and distributes since they readily take risks on films that no other studio/distributor would/will. I just hope that the Weinstein Co never attempts to do so, as those asshats continually break their promises and just buy the rights to a film only to shelve it simply so no other company can release it.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by OG-
The buyout I'm concerned with is the attempted purchase(s) of Lions Gate Films which is without question the best champion of genre and independent films.
I hope this doesn't happen. I like them growing in this business just the way they have been.

Right Anonymous. i consider they've done a quite good job till now so they can handle with any kind of difficulty. just hope that in case the purchase is going to be done their image won't be affected by anything.

This is interesting.

Now Indiana Jones IV can be both a Dreamworks film as well as a Paramount film!

This is not good, I don't think I like this news..