Top Ten Games You'd Like To See As Movies

Tools    

Originally Posted by suppression
My list

1) Duke Nukem (get Bruce Campbell to the gym!)
2) Shivers (The Sierra Classic)
3) Any Monkey Island Game
4) Maniac Mansion
5) Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
6) Sonic the Hedgehog (besides the Anime)
7) Castlevania
8) Road Rash
9) Evil Dead: Hail to the King
10) Wolfenstein
Evil Dead: Hail To the King? I assume this is because of the plot (i havnt played it, is the plot good?) and not because you don't know it is already a movie as that would be silly

Screamingly Innocent...
All of them have been mentioned except Clock Tower 3.

Hi
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
how very true, and the same can be sed for most games. OPEN YOUR EYES ALL FILMS BASED ON GAMES WILL BLOW,
That's not true. WHAT ABOUT STREETFIGHTER!? HOW ABOUT HOUSE OF THE DEAD?! MORTAL KOMBAT ANNIHILATION, DOUBLE DRAGON, WING COMMANDER, TOMB RAIDER?! My god the list of video-game/film masterpieces go on

Originally Posted by Tuna
That's not true. WHAT ABOUT STREETFIGHTER!? HOW ABOUT HOUSE OF THE DEAD?! MORTAL KOMBAT ANNIHILATION, DOUBLE DRAGON, WING COMMANDER, TOMB RAIDER?! My god the list of video-game/film masterpieces go on
Absolutely.

While on the subject and repeating a few for good measure some film conversions I would like to see are.....

Silent Hill 1
Grand Theft Auto (anyone)
Z.O.E (if it is not already out)
Monkey Island
Broken Sword
Onimusha

Grand Theft Auto / Gta Vice City
True Crime: Streets of LA

Originally Posted by Grim Reality
Grand Theft Auto / Gta Vice City
True Crime: Streets of LA
Heard of Scarface? It's probably already been said but Vice City is basically the game of it

And this is my BOOMstick!
Half-Life (2 sequels)
Max Payne (1 sequel)
Silent Hill (4 sequels)
Soldier Of Fortune (one movie will be O.K.)
Commandos (this aught to be hilarious )
The Simpsons (?)

out of every game mentioned so far, the only game that has a shot at becoming a good movie is Deus Ex. many of the games mentioned have little or no plot, and when there isnt a whole lot of plot, then that gives the director/writers a chance to do whatever they want. this usually ends up bad.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I can see Metroid being turned into an awesome sci-fi actioner. Outside of that...I can't be so sure.

legend of zelda, or a movie based upon the character of Link.

Why am I here?
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Heard of Scarface? It's probably already been said but Vice City is basically the game of it
Why do people forget that the name "Grand Theft Auto" comes from the 1977 Ron Howard comedy... (it's crap) but that's where it comes from, even the logo was ripped from one of the film logo (I think it's on the UK DVD)

I personally wouldn't like to see any move video game movies, after the abismal Street Fighter, Mortal Combat Series, the Mario Bros films and now the new breeds (Tomb Raider, Res Evil, House of the Dead) I would personally like to see hollywood adapt more novels. However if Hideo Kojima (sorry don't know spelling) directed his own Metal Gear movie that would be sweet.

Sic Networks

Originally Posted by greppin
Why do people forget that the name "Grand Theft Auto" comes from the 1977 Ron Howard comedy... (it's crap) but that's where it comes from, even the logo was ripped from one of the film logo (I think it's on the UK DVD)

I personally wouldn't like to see any move video game movies, after the abismal Street Fighter, Mortal Combat Series, the Mario Bros films and now the new breeds (Tomb Raider, Res Evil, House of the Dead) I would personally like to see hollywood adapt more novels. However if Hideo Kojima (sorry don't know spelling) directed his own Metal Gear movie that would be sweet.
The Vice City plot is based on Scarface, not the GTA games

bearing Six Strings of Stress
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Castlevania
Mega Man (come on, you know that would rule)

That's probably it.. I'd be afraid to what would happen if they tried anything else. Like GTA may be a really bitchin' game, but It'd be kinda weak as a movie. Hell, Resident Evil had a lot of potential and look what happened. I was REALLY disappointed. Stop-motion animation would have been better at times in that film.

Max Payne would be an awesome movie if put in the right hands. Have it play out like an old school film noir.

Someone above said Maniac Mansion. After they do that they can make its sequal "The Day of the Tentacle" into a movie as well. Also Fallout! Fallout was an awesome computer RPG set in a post-nuclear America. It mixed scifi with cheesy 50's science and black comedy. And it had an awesome story. Both Fallout 2 had a better story. God those games rock...
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

1) Knights of the Old Republic
2) Mafia
3) Crimson Skies
4) Silent Hill

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Silent Hill
Bloodrayne
Devil may Cry
The Suffering
American Mcgee's Alice

Yeah, The Suffering i just finished that, it would make an awesome movie, although needs a different ending, i got a rubbish one. And those 'point and click' games, Sam and Max. Day Of The Tentacle, definately

Did anyone but me play Sanitarium. It was about a guy who wakes up in a Sanitarium with no memory of who is, where he is, what happened. And you play between trying to get out of the sanitarium as well as the weird pink floyd-y world inside your character's head. It appears "you" have issues you need to sort out before you can regain your normal life. That could be a cool movie with a cool twist ending. M. Night should do it. Someone call him.

Oh and if you want bloody pointless violence and killing...how about the "classic" Postal?

The film of SilentHill is currently in production.
And i think theres goin to be a film of Doom aswell.