The MoFo Top 100 of the Nineties Countdown

→ in
Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm hoping the top 75 makes me a bit more happy. The first quarter of films I've barely seen any of. There's a few here and there that have my interest in eventually seeing, but some of them not so much.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was doing well with movies I've seen up until #80, but these new two make it six in a row I haven't seen.

A brighter Summer Day really does seem to be obscure and difficult to get hold of, so I'm surprised it managed to make the cut.
Probably a case of voter collusion. I'll vote for yours if you vote for mine.

I was doing well with movies I've seen up until #80, but these new two make it six in a row I haven't seen.

A brighter Summer Day really does seem to be obscure and difficult to get hold of, so I'm surprised it managed to make the cut.
I gave it 20 points, Harry gave it 19, so it only needed 10 more points to make the list.

I wonder who that was, though.

I don't think there was to much of that going on, it just seems to have hardcore fans that place it extremely high.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'll be disappointed with this list if it turns out this is the case. The surprise is half the fun of the countdown, and seeing the movies that people genuinely love.

Well, there are people here who have watched a large number of obscure movies. Movies like these can have a powerful impact on people so if several have watched them it is likely that they will put these movies on their top 25 and very high too. It takes at least 2 or 3 people to make into the list.

Movies like Independence Day, for instance, will probably show up lower in top 25's, at 23rd or 24th place on the list, not accumulating many points.

Could it be that these lesser-known movies actually have *gasp* ...fans??
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Me too. That's good because I don't know 100 great 1990's movies so I would expect that a top 100 of the 1990's would have a ton of movies I didn't watch. Most movies I did watch that showed up were rather unimpressive such as Con Air, Speed, Beauty and the Beast, Batman Returns, The Fifth Element, etc.

Calm down, I can assure you there was no collusion to get A Brighter Summer Day on the list. I know who voted for it and we didn't conspire, we actually really like the film because it's amazing. Here's a movie that has benefited from the internet and file sharing. The opportunity to see the film is now available to all and one can see the impact in its steady climb up the They Shoot Pictures Don't They list. It's at maybe 160 now, was in the 400's last year. It also had a theatrical release last year, although that was likely restricted to major cities like LA and New York.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I have almost seen not of these movies, but they all seem interesting

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Ime going to eat my toe nails if one of the next picks is a movie I've never heard of.

If anyone wants to collude with me on the next list, PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.
If you mean the '80s list, I will because that was the decade of horror films and we need to get some of them on.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
If the 80's list sucks, sexy will get some backlash on here haha.