Folk Song Tournament

Tools    

Techno, IDM, Delia Derbyshire, Kraftwerk, whatever you want that uses computers and synths.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Techno, IDM, Debby Derbshire, Kraftwerk, whatever you want that uses computers and synths.
Probably don't know enough to choose songs (though I would if needed) but that'd be interesting I think.

Edit: Actually that song JJ put up reminds me that techno is really not my thing but I'd still play.

Has anyone done best songs by decade?

Probably don't know enough to choose songs (though I would if needed) but that'd be interesting I think.

Edit: Actually that song JJ put up reminds me that techno is really not my thing but I'd still play.

Has anyone done best songs by decade?
Aphex Twin isn't techno, he's IDM. This is techno. I'm not really a fan of techno.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Heard of Kraftwerk and don't like the song you put up. The problem I have with techno, at least the type in that vid, is its staccato and beeping sound nature, which I guess is what is and why I don't like it. lol

IDM, like what you put up, is something I can listen to but probably not for long due to the racing, relentless pace. Then again it is dance music.

No, that's not IDM - What JJ posted, the Aphex Twin song, that's IDM. The song with the manga chick on it, that's techno. Sorry for the confusion.

The stuff I would nominate would probably be mostly Aphex Twin type of music. Glitchy IDM and ambient music. Autechre, Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus etc. But, you can nominate whatever you like yourself, if you do find some electronic music you enjoy.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
No, that's not IDM - What JJ posted, the Aphex Twin song, that's IDM. The song with the manga chick on it, that's techno. Sorry for the confusion.
Aphex Twin seemed very similar to Kraftwerk which is techno. The manga chick you put up seemed less techno because it's superimposing electronics over a known song. I suppose IDM and Techno as genres bleed into one another.

No, Kraftwerk isn't techno. Kraftwerk is synthpop. But yeah, Aphex Twin was definitely influenced by Kraftwerk.

IDM tends to be more glitchy and experimental/avant-garde, while techno is the really fast-paced stuff like the song I shared.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
The last JJ song sounds like an R2D2 demo tape. Why all the beeping?