Most Disappointing movies.

Tools    

OK, What movies Have disappointed YOU, its your opinion.

Personally, I thought that RESIDENT EVIL was a major let down, The games had breat Basis for a Horror movie.

HANNIBAL

THE SHINING, I had read so much that this was a spine chilling thriller, Iwas so disapointed in the end, I thought the start was good but I lost interest halfway.Maybe I had my expectations raised too much by reviews or maybe it was the ever annoying Shelley Duvall who ruined it for me.

Thats all I can think of for now...

I thought one of the biggest let downs of the year was Stealing Harvard. It was horrible. There really wasn't one part that made anyone in the theatre smile or even crack a smirk or anything. I competely hated that movie and I would never recommend that movie to anyone.

i've found both the enw star wars films and the lord of the rings films to be terribly disappointing, for me they just didnt live up to what was expected.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I was actually a little disappointed about "The Two Towers". I was totally blown away when I saw "The Fellowship of the Ring" and I looked forward so much to the second episode. But I saw it this monday and thought it was just "ok". I give the first episode 5/5 but the second one 3/5.

Another film that disappointed me is "The Usual Suspects". I just didn't get the hype - still don't. I think it's one of the most overrated films of the 90's. "Fight Club" is another one. Saw it in a theatre the first time and didn't like it that much. Then I saw it again on video tape a couple of months ago and thought it kind of sucked. (It looks great of course...).

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I was really disappointed in Attack of the Clones… the beginning started off pretty good but that whole love thing wasn’t believable to me at all…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I See You When You're Sleeping
Oh yeh. Attack of the clones aswell. Everyone just says 'better than ep 1' = so what.

- vanilla sky
- hated star wars ep2 more than ep1 (which i thought would be impossible)

can we talk TV....i HATE the new Star Trek Enterprise...i think its a disgrace to trek lovers worldwide - Gene Rodenberry will be spinning in his grave!!!!

Resident evil was definatley a waste of money. I hate to say it but I thought Signs was too. Mel Gibson was not convincing, and the filmography was static and difficult to follow. The concept was pretty good though, but I felt like after having seen the movie, I could have watched the previews and gotten as much out of them. There were some humorous parts though. The tin foil hats were a gas.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally posted by n7of9
- vanilla sky
- hated star wars ep2 more than ep1 (which i thought would be impossible)

can we talk TV....i HATE the new Star Trek Enterprise...i think its a disgrace to trek lovers worldwide - Gene Rodenberry will be spinning in his grave!!!!

I loved vanilla sky and I love Enterprise

The Time Machine was another one that I hoped would be great.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Others.

Originally posted by miniontv
I loved vanilla sky and I love Enterprise
hee heee...OK, you're from England, how 'bout Red Dwarf... i LOVE the short crimson one in the sky...you?

My life isn't written very well.
Men in Black 2 was a big disappointment to me.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally posted by r3port3r66
Men in Black 2 was a big disappointment to me.
It wasn't a disappointment for me. I knew it was gonna suck!

Originally posted by Fox
The Others.
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a disappointment. I loved it all the way up to the end which was kind of an anticlimax and predictable and not at all scary. But damn! That movie is beautiful!

Vertigo.

I like Hitchcock and I like Jimmy Stewart and I liked the first twenty minutes of the thing, but [especially as when I first saw it was to be my first Hitchcock film] I was terribly let down and still am when I see it today.

Originally posted by Piddzilla
I was actually a little disappointed about "The Two Towers". I was totally blown away when I saw "The Fellowship of the Ring" and I looked forward so much to the second episode. But I saw it this monday and thought it was just "ok". I give the first episode 5/5 but the second one 3/5.

Another film that disappointed me is "The Usual Suspects". I just didn't get the hype - still don't. I think it's one of the most overrated films of the 90's. "Fight Club" is another one. Saw it in a theatre the first time and didn't like it that much. Then I saw it again on video tape a couple of months ago and thought it kind of sucked. (It looks great of course...).
We have some things incommon!
You know I thought I was the only person who liked the first LOTR
more that The 2 Towers, I was disappointed because the whole thing didnt have an impact on me as much as the first one!

I agree with you on the usual suspects aswell.

Now, Fight club I thought was crap when I first saw it but it was'nt till I saw the ending that I watched over again and found it to be a very clever movie which became one of my favourite movies.

2 outta 3 aint bad

Originally posted by frutkake

We have some things incommon!
You know I thought I was the only person who liked the first LOTR
more that The 2 Towers, I was disappointed because the whole thing didnt have an impact on me as much as the first one!

Maybe the fact that the first one was so powerful lead to that it's impossible to follow that up for a sequel. Everybody's expecting so much. But "The 2 Towers" felt thinner than the first one. And it felt looong sometimes. Gandalf is of course always The Man and the scenes with him in are always cool.

I agree with you on the usual suspects aswell.

Good!

Now, Fight club I thought was crap when I first saw it but it was'nt till I saw the ending that I watched over again and found it to be a very clever movie which became one of my favourite movies.

Well, you're right in a way, it did get a little bit more interesting the second time because of that you knew about the "schizo theme". Or at least that was a reason for seeing it two times instead of just one. But it takes more than a clever twist at the end of a movie for me to praise it.

The biggest reasons for me not liking "Fight Club" is because a lot of situations doesn't make sense when you know that there's just one guy. Why would a nation of men join a Fight Club because some nutcase is beating the **** out of himself on a parking lot? "But you have to see it on a deeper level, man!". Yeah right. What level is that? The social-awarness-radical level? I hate pseudo-radical movies that pretend to be against the system when they're just another part of that system. But don't get me started on that....

And then I have to admit that for once I almost agreed with the people who criticized the film for showing to much graphic and explicit violence. I would never support censorship, but here I really didn't see the point...

I love one thing in it though. The end when that skyscraper is blown up and that Pixies song comes on. That is powerfull and it makes me shiver. I love that song.

2 outta 3 aint bad
It most certainly is not!