Stupid Lines

Tools    

Can you remember any stupid lines that you've heard in a movie?

2 for me are...

- 'There are two people I trust in life... one of them's me, the other's not you."
.Nick Cage (Con Air)

-"Everyone needs money... THAT'S WHT THEY CALL IT MONEY!!"
.Danny Devito (Heist)

Ironically, I like both those lines. Especially the latter.

That said, Vin Diesel's "Ice? Sure you can chip some off your heart, if you can find it." from xXx is probably the dumbest line I've ever heard.

Dumb lines in and of themselves aren't so bad, but when a dumb line smirks at you in such a self-satisfied way as to imply that it's clever, rage inevitably follows. At least in my case.

I never saw "XXX", but that's a damn funny line.

Can you explain to me the meaning of the "Heist" line? I only saw the preview, so maybe I missed something.

Still, that line made me avoid the film.

Originally posted by Travis_Bickle
Can you explain to me the meaning of the "Heist" line? I only saw the preview, so maybe I missed something.
I didn't see the film either, but I like the line.

The point, I'm assuming, is this: everyone needs money. The need of "money" is so highly engrained in all of us that it becomes synonymous with need. It's almost as if the word "money" means "stuff you need." Kinda like "everyone likes pizza...that's why they call it pizza." It's stupid while simultaneously clever.

IMO.

i've got one....

"I'm a star...I'm a star, I'm a star, I'm a star"
-Dirk Diggler (Boogie Nights)

I love the Heist line. It cracks me up. I can't believe you wouldn't see a film because of that line in a trailer. It is enough to make me want to see it.

Off topic, I thought this thread was going to be about those "stupid black lines that cut off the picture on my DVD machine". And then I was going to start collecting heads.

Hey, that line from Boogie Nights is crazy sexy cool.

Another line.

"There's a monster outside my window...can I have a glass of water?"
-That girl (Signs).

"I'm the king of the world!" - Titanic

"It vexes me, I'm terribly vexed." - Gladiator

"We're crud!" - Alien 3

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner!" - Dirty Dancing

"Godd*mn it, you bitch! You never backed away from anything in your life! Now fight! Fight!! FIGHT!!!" - The Abyss

"Pain don't hurt." - Road House

"Fu*king men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative? You don't know what it's like to really create something, to create a life, to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

"You see, you see? Your stupid minds! Stupid!! Stupid!!!" - Plan 9 from Outer Space*
*actually, the entire film, line-by-line, is full of some of the worst lines ever written: an astounding anti-masterpiece!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I can't believe nobody mentioned this one!

" You know what happens to a toad when it struck by lighting, The same thing that happens to everything else!"
Storm(Halle Berry)

Storm has some other stupid lines in X-men, but that one takes the cake!

Originally posted by Holden Pike

"Fu*king men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative? You don't know what it's like to really create something, to create a life, to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day
I actually like that line. Well, the creating death thing is pretty neat.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
my most hated line is when that slave in Amistad stands up and says

"Give Free" or something stupid like that.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

'i dont care if he's got ****in hazelnuts' - tommy, from snatch

I would've made a sexy chick
Dude i allmost HAD you. you never had me, you nevre had your car (vin disel and other guy-fast and furious) horrible movie. Same movie "winning by a inch or a mile winnings winnigs) or sumtin like that.

i think he's dead-said by any big breated babe in any given horror movie