Most Disappointing movies.

Tools    

The skyscraper scene and the title sequence at the start are my favourite parts in the movie!

And You make very good points against Fight Club and thats not even mentioning a few annoying plot holes.

Badmouthing Vertigo and The Others? Time to conjure up some curses.

Alex DeLarge

what I do I do because I like to do

Originally posted by Piddzilla

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a disappointment. I loved it all the way up to the end which was kind of an anticlimax and predictable and not at all scary. But damn! That movie is beautiful!
I just found it too slow for me... and yes, the ending was somewhat of an anticlimax and predictable... and not scary at all. I think I was expecting a bit too much before seeing it. The idea wasn't too bad but I just didn't think it was 'beautiful' at all. Just slow.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Fox

I just found it too slow for me... and yes, the ending was somewhat of an anticlimax and predictable... and not scary at all. I think I was expecting a bit too much before seeing it. The idea wasn't too bad but I just didn't think it was 'beautiful' at all. Just slow.
When I said beautiful I meant aesthetically speaking. But you're not the first one I've met that didn't like it. I have only seen it once and I would love to see it again to see what I think.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I don't recall badmouthing Vertigo at all. If you like it fine. It didn't cut it for me. Conjure a curse? Whatever.

Put me in your pocket...
Y Tu Mama Tambien
I only rented this because Ebert and Roper gave this such high praise. I’m disappointed in both men...they made it sound as if their was a deeper meaning to this movie than what it’s really about. Two self absorbed, sex-obsessed teenagers. It was coarse and not as well done as some other foreign films. There were so many lost moments in this...like some reason to acually like these two teenage characters and give them some deph. I feel a serious rant coming on so I’ll stop.......

I suppose I was expecting an Ang Lee worthiness...what I felt I watched was an extended version of a “The Red Shoe Diaries” episode.

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
I’m a chick flicker. I love my warm and fuzzy’s...and I suppose it’s just all in expectations of a film. My girlfreind saw this in a theater and raved about it...when I rented it I found myself fast forwarding in parts.
I liked it some parts of it...I just wouldn’t rave about it like my friend.

Scooby-Doo
The kids liked it so I suppose I shouldn’t be so hard....but I really didn’t care for Freddie Prinze Jr. as Freddie and Sarah Michelle Gellar as Daphne. I just think it could have been better story wise also........

[quote]Originally posted by frutkake

THE SHINING, I had read so much that this was a spine chilling thriller, Iwas so disapointed in the end, I thought the start was good but I lost interest halfway.Maybe I had my expectations raised too much by reviews or maybe it was the ever annoying Shelley Duvall who ruined it for me.

Ah ha! Everyone i know has seen the Shining movie but none have cared to read the book. I am one who actually read the book first. Seeing the movie isnt a priority for me, but from what i've heard it's much different than the book version. Stephen King himself was more than a little disapointed, and he made his own 6 hour made for tv movie. But is their anyone here who read the book beofre the movie? I'd like to know from book readers what they thought of the book.

And not to get too off topic, i disapointing film for me was Unbreakable. I didnt like it that much compared to The Sixth Sense and Signs. Unbreakable felt was not exactly thrilling, and the ending was very poor

oh crap im new here i dont know how to quote.

Hey Death… you just forgot to put [/quote] at the end of the quote is all… no biggy…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally posted by Deathman18
Stephen King himself was more than a little disapointed, and he made his own 6 hour made for tv movie.
Yeah, and if you think the Kubrick-movie sucks, this one will kill you. It's awful and I'm glad he's a writer and not a filmmaker.

Originally posted by Caitlyn
Hey Death… you just forgot to put /quote at the end of the quote is all… no biggy…
No biggy??? IT RUINED MY DAY!!!

three words:
one hour photo

god that movie sucked
nuf said

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally posted by theshape82
three words:
one hour photo

god that movie sucked
nuf said
I liked this movie, I thought it was a good 'comeback' for mr Williams.

Others for the list...

Snatch

It was just trying to be too 'clever'. I liked lock stock, so maybe the problem was that I expected something different, but it felt like a bad clone.

Pearl Harbour

It was sad I went.
It was just Titanic with bombs and Ben Afleck.

p.s

did anyone notice the really loud theme at the end of Gangs of New York ? It woke me up.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Okay, I actually LOVED Gangs of New York and don't understand all the hate towards it. But movies that were a huge disappointment:

We Were Soldiers - I liked it at first, but then a lot of it didn't sit right with me. Mel Gibson as hard-@ss marine was cool, but I felt the religious angle to his character was tacked on and intruded on the rest of the movie. It was like Davey and Goliath go to Viet Nam. I would like to see a movie where religious folks aren't portrayed as so...Ned Flanders-y.

Brotherhood of the Wolf - I couldn't WAIT to see this, it looked so cool, but then it was a long, dull costume drama starring a guy who looks a lot like Triple-H from WWF wrestling, and a whole lot of plot holes and WHY is there an indian Kung-Fu master? This was just bad.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/