What movie is this scene from?

Tools    

I am sorry about this really lame description I am about to give but I saw previews for this movie years ago and have been searchin forever to find out what it is. I only remeber one part of the preview, This probably dumb guy has on one of those miners hats with the light on it but he has it on backwards. Then this other guy says you know you have that on backwards don't you, and then the dumb guy says, yeah it looks cooler this way; or something along those lines its been so long i don't remember it word for word. Yeah I know its a really bad description but my sister and I have been trying to figure out what movie it is since we saw the previews, but haven't been able to and it would be awesome for me to find out and get her the movie for Christmas as a kind of inside joke between the two of us. Sorry for rambling on but seriously any help at all is appreciated.
Thanks
Katy

Only for the weak
Umm, I dunno....Zoolander?

Originally Posted by Muzzy
Umm, I dunno....Zoolander?
No, I know its not Zoolander, it was released way before that. I don't know if anybody would know it from my very bad description but its been so long thats all i can remember, oh yeah i think the two characters i was talking about are burglars or criminals of some kind. But thanks for trying to help anyway.

That sounds like Evolution.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
That sounds like Evolution.
No, it was released a while before evolution I think. Man its driving me nuts i can't think of what it is.

Originally Posted by devilish1182
No, it was released a while before evolution I think. Man its driving me nuts i can't think of what it is.

I have no idea then. I remember something very similar to that in Evolution. It was Jones playing the dummy.

The guy wearing the miners hat sorta reminds me of the guy who plays the catcher in Major League 2, but its not him. If thats any help which i don't think it will be, but i'm really trying to figure out what this movie is.

Originally Posted by devilish1182
The guy wearing the miners hat sorta reminds me of the guy who plays the catcher in Major League 2, but its not him. If thats any help which i don't think it will be, but i'm really trying to figure out what this movie is.

He looks like Tom Berenger?

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
He looks like Tom Berenger?
No he looks like the younger guy with short blonde hair that says: "Girls, you can't live with them and they can't pee standing up."

Only for the weak
Ohh the big dumb guy that can't throw to the pitcher?

Originally Posted by Muzzy
Ohh the big dumb guy that can't throw to the pitcher?
yeah, that guy. i don't know if they look exactly the same but he reminded me of him when i saw the previews for it.

The gag you're remembering comes in the Woody Allen flick Small Time Crooks (2000). Michael Rappaport plays the character who thinks his miner's hat looks cool on backwards. You may know Rappaport from movies like CopLand, Bamboozled, True Romance, Beautiful Girls, Higher Learning or most recently on "Boston Public".

A lame if inoffensive and forgettable little re-make of Larceny, Inc. (1942), don't even bother renting the thing, much less buying it.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra