Prometheus - Ridley Scott’s Prequel to Alien

Tools    

&feature=related

Just watched the latest trailer. Did I just spot an influence from The Thing? I wont be surprised if Prometheus beats my current favourite of the year, The Raid: Redemption.

Ok, i'm avoiding reading any of the posts, only read up to the part where Pyro mentions how spoilery the new trailer is, which I won't even see. But i'm curious, why are you lot spoiling yourselves? We got a couple of great trailers, surely that's enough?

^ good point mate, but maybe if u watch it only once. u will forget it when u watch the whole movie, take a peek a lil more will ya?

no, she is definitely dead
You reckon ! I don't know yet and you don't either, I believe?

Well, it's opened in the UK to mixed but generally positive reviews (about the same as Alien, then). I'll be going to see it sometime over the weekend and will report back. Spoiler-free, I promise!

I'm going to see this film in fourty nine minutes and the tension is growing.

The Most excited for a film since The Return Of The King.

1. I hate the fact I watched the previews and have an idea what the movie is about. Earthlings are checking out this planet and discover and decode that aliens are not only there but they are planning to attack Earth. Now they try to stop it

2. I hate that screeaching sound whenever the preview comes on. Am I alone? I cant even type out that sound but got damn it makes me want to spazz, foam at mouth as I throw myself to the floor and shake uncontrollably. I hate that sound THAT much.

That screaching sound has a point in the marketing.

Just watched a Film4 Special with interviews.

Seems that there's a lot of visual symbology involved in the film. Not just about those faces and stuff, but continuity throwbacks to previous movies involved in Scott's universe.
There also seems to be masses of character driven plotlines, similar to the originals too.

Still not sure what to make due to the secrecy that was in the interviews I just watched but I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

After seeing the end sequence of the Film4 special, I have a theory about the Alien too. A big theory.

EDIT: Scott has gone back to basics as well. There's very little Greenscreen involved and huge set have been used in the movie. Thumbs up!

I assume by the screeching sound, you mean the sonar-like ping noise. If so, I love it. It's fantastic. It's appropriately tense and reminiscent of a distress call, or a self-destruct countdown, or something else similarly stressful.

It's also lifted directly from the 1979 Alien trailer, which I think I mentioned (along with an embedded video) a few pages back. So it's a nice callback, which is appropriate, since the whole thing is a look back at the origins of the original film, too.

Seen it, put some thoughts up in a thread in the review section. Don't want to say too much here as my enjoyment was definitely effected by preconceptions, won't say which way

Can't wait to see this one. I think it is great that Ridley Scott is getting back to some of the stuff that he became famous for.

Will be seeing this later on this evening. I haven't read reviews, just quick verdicts and star ratings. Will be seeing it in 3-fookin'D (the things you do for love), so i'm a bit worried that it may spoil a little bit of the experience. Will give a quick verdict tomorrow or something.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
How do I hide a spoilers please anyone ?
Usage [*spoilers=Option]value[/spoilers*]
Example Usage [*spoilers=Movie Name Here]That one guy was really a dog.[/spoilers*]
Example Output
View Spoilers
WARNING: "Movie Name Here" spoilers below

Take the asterisks out.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Thanks Loner.

Prometheus is a great science fiction movie .Which is directed by Sir Ridley Scott who give u the great movies like (Robin Hood,American Gangster) hop this movie will rock at the box office.I watch the trailer of this movie lasts night its amazing