And another one...fantasy

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Also I have been thinking and this really reminds me of the old Dragonlance books that I use to read, have not read one in a while but the lizardmen do sound like the Draconians in the book. There was an animated film based on the Dragons of Autumn Twilight that was released in the very early 90's I believe. Is there any way this could have been an animated film?

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Alright one more maybe. Wizards of the Lost Kingdom (1985).
There are no lizard men coming up from the ground, but there are lizard men with swords and all, and there's cave scenes with lots of fog, and there are undead soldiers coming up out of the ground at one point, and they were on a mission kind to find the magic sword, took me forever to find this, must be a really rare movie to get ahold of.

No, it definitely wasn't an animated film and none of the above, I am afraid.

Guess this is even harder than The Time Guardian. It's a shame I cannot remember more about it

It wouldn't be "Spookies" from 1986 by any chance. This bit of nonsense has all sorts of monsters appearing from everywhere including the ground.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spookies

Hmm, no, Spooky does not sound like it. It definitely was a fantasy movie not horror.
And it has to be from the 80s or earlier, as I watched it as a child. Dungeons&Dragons is too young.

I presume lizardmen can only exist on another planet or in some fantasy movie. They do exist in the science fiction "Voyage To The Planet Of Prehistoric Women" from 1967, but they are not blocking the paths of riders (on horses I presume), just men in space suits.

More likely this scene is from an ancient period movie where there is lots of magic nonsense going on. I didn't find any mention of lizardmen in the descriptions of these three movies but they might be likely ones to find the wanted scene in:
Arthur The King (1985)
Merlin (1992)
Merlin (1998)

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Ok I think I have got it, this is an almost perfect match to the description about the lizardmen coming up out of the ground, I have watched so many of these old Fantasy movies that I am about to go insane, so if this isn't it I just don't know.

The Archer: Fugitive from the Empire

This is a horrible clip but the only one I could find that had the scene, the lizardmen scene starts at 3:10.

Below is the link to the actual trailer for the movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/arch...pire/trailers/

Absolutely, that is it!!!
Thank you very much, akatemple

Now I will look for the movie! You are a great help, never expected to see this one again!!

Yes, well done aka. You put a lot of effort into this thread and finally crossed over the finish line.

A system of cells interlinked
Marked!