The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

→ in
Tools    

"almost" as well as the other LoR movies. i never thought the book could be made into something like this so kudos to peter jackson's imagination

I loved this movie so much!

I was not a fan. I felt it was aimed at a much younger audience. Very poor CG, and overused. Felt like a video game at times, not a big budget feature film. Really nothing unique, new, or original to take with you from this 3 hour epitome of cliche; everything from the directing and characters down to the slow motion, "NOOOOOOOO'S". This might be a hit with every 6th grader... But some will have better taste than this.

4/10

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I thought it was decent enough but rather forgettable. Martin Freeman is great as Bilbo and Andy Serkis was better than ever as Gollum IMO. My main gripe is how much filler there is. Between the forty minute dinner party, the White Council scene that does nothing but remind the audience of how Fellowship is a much better movie, and the innumerable goblin chases the movie really dragged in parts. It's still above average for a fantasy movie but it definitely falls short of the original trilogy. Also, what was the point of Radagast's super bunnies? Is it just me or were they trying to make a Middle Earth version of Jar Jar Binks?

I'd give it 6.5/10.