Quotes from films that have stuck with you in life

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Jacobs Ladder
if you're frightened of dying and... and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all. So don't worry, okay?
Altered States
The final truth of all things is that there is no final Truth.
The Fly
I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over... and the insect is awake.
Dune
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Dune

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Brad rules .

I like the Baron/Piter exchange "I will enlighten your nephews as to my plan –" "MY PLAN!" "The plan…to crush the Atreides".

Some movie quotes that have stuck with me over the years:

"I hope that was an empty bottle George...you can't afford to waste good liquor, not on your salary, not on an associate professor's salary." - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

"You men are all alike...seven or eight quick ones and you're off the boys to boast and brag...well you better keep your mouth shut...God, I think I love him. " - Young Frankenstein

"There's nothing more inconvenient than an old queen with a head cold." - Victor/Victoria

"Go to Smith? She couldn't even spell it." - White Christmas

"I don't want people to come up to me after the show and say, Hey, I saw your play, I dug your message...I want them to come up to me the next day or week later and say, hey, I saw your play...what happened?" - Tootsie

"We didn't need dialogue...we had faces then." - Sunset Boulevard

"What in the wide wide world of sports is goin' on around here?" - Blazing Saddles

"You can't fight in here...this is the war room!!" - Dr. Strangelove

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear...I never explain anything." - Mary Poppins

"I know what Alex would say right now...what's for dessert?" - The Big Chill

"Don't ask for the moon...we have the stars." - Now Voyager

"A man being rich is like a girl being pretty...you wouldn't marry a man just because he's rich, but, wouldn't it help?" - How to Marry a Millionaire

"That isn't a dress, that's an Audrey Hepburn movie." - Jerry Maguire

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"I've always depended on the kindness of strangers" (A Streetcar Named Desire) -- it's basically my barometer.

"Every time the Russians threw an American in jail, WE threw an American in jail to show the Russians they couldn't get away with it" - Mort Sahl (probably the first political joke -- during the time of the Hollywood Blacklist)

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Brad rules .

I like the Baron/Piter exchange "I will enlighten your nephews as to my plan –" "MY PLAN!" "The plan…to crush the Atreides".
HA! yeah, that one always made me chuckle. THE plan.

^ a quote quoted in that movie: "Every night and every morn' some to misery are born. Every morn' and every night some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to endless night."

Or...

"Don't let the sun burn a hole in your a**."
So many quotable quotes in that movie. And what a soundtrack! Had to have it.

Predator
I dont have time to bleed

"Only one is a wanderer. Two together are always going somewhere."

"Some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."

IMPERIAL BATTLESHIP, HALT THE FLOW OF TIME

Weird – I've heard of the film and didn't know Christopher Plummer was in it. He would have been a great older Magneto .

My favourite episode of Star Trek, Skin of Evil, has some great dialogue between Picard and Armus, the villain. It sticks with me because Picard becomes a blueprint for the series' philosophy about humanity in how he deals with the situation.

"A great poet once said 'All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil"

"You say that you are true evil. Shall I tell you what true evil is? It is to submit to you. It is when we surrender our freedom, our dignity, instead of defying you".

The most loathsome of all goblins
Weird – I've heard of the film and didn't know Christopher Plummer was in it. He would have been a great older Magneto .
He would have been, and a late 70s Uncanny X-Men would be an interesting picture. Honestly the 70s-era X-Men comics are the peak in my opinion so it could have turned out pretty well.

Anyway, Starcrash is one of greatest so-bad-it's-good movies and you should definitely check it out. I actually met Caroline Munro at a con and she signed my book based on the film, which is worth reading after you've seen it.

Anyway, Starcrash is one of greatest so-bad-it's-good movies and you should definitely check it out.
I should . Actually I was just rewatching it and it made me laugh because Christopher Plummer's doing it with total conviction but I think he's relying on Shakespeare as a 'crutch' (you know, like in Star Trek VI). The way he's doing the dialogue here really reminds me of the end of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I actually met Caroline Munro at a con and she signed my book based on the film, which is worth reading after you've seen it.
That's great – she was good in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad as well, which is my favourite of those films.