"Guess the movie from the Screenshot" game

Tools    

It is not There Will Be Blood. And West Virginia is a good clue.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
City of Hope? Matewan?

And West Virginia is a good clue.
Surely somebody besides Mark and I has seen this movie?
OK, and those were obvious faces in that last post, so I was able to confirm that I've never seen this film, but apparently I should give it a go. I'll look it up.

It is John Sayles' Matewan (1987). Geesh. Everybody go watch it ASAP, if not sooner. Chris Cooper's were the eyes over that newspaper. It was his film debut. Also starring James Earl Jones, Kevin Tighe, Bob Guton, and Sayles regulars Mary McDonnell, David Strathairn, and Gordon Clapp. Sayles himself is in one of the pictures I posted, playing a preacher.

Max, mercifully it is your turn.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ugh. Thanks. Chris Cooper!!! I could see his face in a hundred different shots but couldn't for the life of me place a movie to remember his name! Great post. I couldn't get my head out of bootlegging. =(

I'm going to find this movie now.... Thanks for the reference.

Sayles is one of the directors I am itching to get to this year. I haven't even seen Lone Star yet and that was pretty popular when I was at Blockbuster. Now that you say that is Chris Cooper I can totally see it. I wouldn't have gotten the movie anyway.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Max, mercifully it is your turn.
I haven't seen it, but, I know Cooper, Strathairn and Earl Jones, when I see them.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	28934  

Sayles is one of the directors I am itching to get to this year. I haven't even seen Lone Star yet and that was pretty popular when I was at Blockbuster. Now that you say that is Chris Cooper I can totally see it. I wouldn't have gotten the movie anyway.
He's one of my favorite filmmakers. I think Lonestar, Matewan, Eight Men Out, Passion Fish, Limbo, Men with Guns, The Secret of Roan Inish, and Honeydripper are all his best, but I like 'em all, really.

Enjoy!

He's one of my favorite filmmakers. I think Lonestar, Matewan, Eight Men Out, Passion Fish, Limbo, Men with Guns, The Secret of Roan Inish, and Honeydripper are all his best, but I like 'em all, really.

Enjoy!

Don't think I knew Eight Men Out was him. I love that film, been quite a few years at this point.