Apologies to the forum's members

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Posts like that should be saved for a close friend or a therapist - they're not really appropriate for blurting out in front of a bunch of internet strangers
There was absolutely nothing inappropriate about that post you highlighted. It wasn't even that deeply personal.

I've gotten way more personal on this site and I'll be the one to decide if it's something appropriate for me to share or not. Well, Yoda could make that decision, but he's never had a problem with us sharing as if we were friends, because some of us are.

There was absolutely nothing inappropriate about that post you highlighted. It wasn't even that deeply personal.

I've gotten way more personal on this site and I'll be the one to decide if it's something appropriate for me to share or not. Well, Yoda could make that decision, but he's never had a problem with us sharing as if we were friends, because some of us are.
Whether online or in real life it's not the best decision to just start spouting anything personal just so that other people will hear it - just like you wouldn't just walk into a bar or a coffee shop and start ranting about all your personal issues; things like that are better reserved for private conversations with people you actually know who're willing to listen, rather than just "imposed" on people (that just makes you seem like an emotionally needy vampire who just "wants people to hear you talk").

Rule of thumb is don't post anything publicly online that you wouldn't post on a billboard.

90's ace, well, if you are not interested don't read it. Also, I have been interacting with people here for about two years so many are not strangers anymore, like Godoggo, she is not really that stranger to me as you are so you don't understand.

I am explaining why I think I behave in the way I did. Some people might be interested in that, some might not. I have not interacted with you so you are obviously not interested, the same with that guy with the black dude avatar. You both don't understand the situation.

By the way, I lied about being 25. I am 27. Lived and worked in 2 countries, I am big fan of English speaking film and TV, and Japanese speaking film, animation and comics, besides a ton of other things.

Also add that I was depressed in january/february 2014 because I got seasonal depression due to living in a very cold place at a very cold winter after moving from a tropical climate. I am not depressed right now and I was talking about how I felt in the past.

I would finally add that I forced my highschool friends through metal by putting Slayer on the stereo and they didn't quite like it. Same way I forced people here to watch some anime through the hall of fame and some had a similar reaction to it that my highschool mates had relative to Slayer (though some liked it, nobody liked Slayer ). To live is to learn: Slayer is not for everybody and neither is Utena.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think Ace thinks we're like animated characters who have no depth compared to real actors. He's never been to a site like this where we don't tell others they're wrong for doing, typing or thinking something in front of "strangers". If you stick around long enough, you'll learn that we're a family and not strangers. Of course, it's up to each member to decide if they want to be part of our family.

90's ace, he/she certainly doesn't have much experience with forums: I was in a forum where one of the members was a transsexual who talked at length about her personal issues. The internet is vast and diverse and there are more personal and more impersonal places/forums.

I think Ace thinks we're like animated characters who have no depth compared to real actors.
Not all of you guys, just you mark. Sorry about your sore derriere.

He's never been to a site like this where we don't tell others they're wrong for doing, typing or thinking something in front of "strangers".
It's bad personal advice - posting things that are deep and personal looking for "sympathy" from strangers isn't a good idea for a variety of reasons, plus someone with a grudge might use it to spite a person later.

If you stick around long enough, you'll learn that we're a family and not strangers. Of course, it's up to each member to decide if they want to be part of our family.
We who? You and your multiple personalities? - this is about the 5th or 6th bait post you've directed at me completely out of thin air - you might need a therapist or some Zoloft for your stalker obsession, kid

90's ace, he/she certainly doesn't have much experience with forums: I was in a forum where one of the members was a transsexual who talked at length about her personal issues. The internet is vast and diverse and there are more personal and more impersonal places/forums.
I've been on forums before where members with a grudge used personal information posted there to track them down and send them threats of violence, over stuff as trivial as political disagreements.

Whether online or in real life it's not the best decision to just start spouting anything personal just so that other people will hear it - just like you wouldn't just walk into a bar or a coffee shop and start ranting about all your personal issues; things like that are better reserved for private conversations with people you actually know who're willing to listen, rather than just "imposed" on people (that just makes you seem like an emotionally needy vampire who just "wants people to hear you talk").

Rule of thumb is don't post anything publicly online that you wouldn't post on a billboard.
While I don't believe you should be going around parenting people on the internet whom you don't know, such as by telling Guaporense "TMI" .... I do think what you're saying is wise. That people should watch what they say on the internet, because they might not like the fact that they said such things years later.

Don't call Mark F. A kid, kid. We are a family and he's probably the most respected member.

You are so ridiculous. He didn't post personal information about where he lived, he posted about how he felt. Are you going to track me down at the corner of that made me angry and I feel sad about that?

Don't tell me how you feel about anything. I'll be able to track you down with my emotional gps.

Don't call Mark F. A kid, kid. We are a family and he's probably the most respected member.
what's he respected for? Trolling? Last 5 of his replies to me were drive-by snark - the post above even referenced a conversation which he didn't even participate in, in other words he just silently follows people's comments around the site looking for reasons to be angry and insecure.

You are so ridiculous. He didn't post personal information about where he lived, he posted about how he felt. Are you going to track me down at the corner of that made me angry and I feel sad about that?

Don't tell me how you feel about anything. I'll be able to track you down with my emotional gps.
Point missed.

Dude's got a near encyclopedic knowledge of film
So apparently knowing a ton about movies gets you a free pass on troll comments? Yikes...

I've been on forums before where members with a grudge used personal information posted there to track them down and send them threats of violence, over stuff as trivial as political disagreements.
That's why I lied about my age and I didn't give my date of birth precisely. I haven't given enough personal information that allows someone to track me down. Well, unless it's a hacker who knows IP stuff and can track down location.

Anyway, I don't think I posted anything terribly personal. Just the effect a specific movie/TV series had on me. On a forum about films and TV series.

While I don't believe you should be going around parenting people on the internet whom you don't know, such as by telling Guaporense "TMI" .... I do think what you're saying is wise. That people should watch what they say on the internet, because they might not like the fact that they said such things years later.
Indeed. I feel bad about what I said here before. That's one of the reasons I am fixing it now. Just deleting the posts will not fix it.

So apparently knowing a ton about movies gets you a free pass on troll comments? Yikes...
I've yet to read a troll comment from mark F and I've been here five years.

No, I sure didn't miss your point.

I've been on forums before where members with a grudge used personal information posted there to track them down and send them threats of violence, over stuff as trivial as political disagreements

That's your quote. You said that in response to Guap talking about how people on the internet share personal information in regards to feelings. So once again I will point out to you that I can tell you all about every emotion that I ever felt and you cannot find me with that information.

If I tell you that I live in New York City on the corner of Sesame and Elm in a trash can then you can track me down. We were not talking about that kind of personal information we were talking about personal feelings which you cannot be tracked down by.

Master of My Domain
Hey 90sAce, there is a challenge we would like you to do... go check that out.

I think Ace thinks we're like animated characters who have no depth compared to real actors. He's never been to a site like this where we don't tell others they're wrong for doing, typing or thinking something in front of "strangers". If you stick around long enough, you'll learn that we're a family and not strangers. Of course, it's up to each member to decide if they want to be part of our family.

Guap has been a member here for two years and had a difficult period. He's had plenty of interaction with most of us, so he's not really a stranger here. If he felt like he had to explain why he said or did certain things, he should be able to do that.

The core of the MoFo community tends to be pretty close anyway and many people here share personal stories. Who are you to come here and tell people what to share and what not to share? This is a pretty friendly environment (usually) and if you'd have been here long enough, you'd have known that. People can talk to eachother here as acquaintances. There's absolutely nothing odd about that.

We who? You and your multiple personalities? - this is about the 5th or 6th bait post you've directed at me completely out of thin air - you might need a therapist or some Zoloft for your stalker obsession, kid
Why don't you show a little respect, punk? Mark was just stating, just as I am, that many MoFos here are much closer than you'd think. We are a community and after being a member for a while, you can't call certain people strangers anymore. People get to know eachother.

Your aggressive reaction to a simple, inoffensive given like this, shows that you might be the one who has issues.

what's he respected for? Trolling? Last 5 of his replies to me were drive-by snark - the post above even referenced a conversation which he didn't even participate in, in other words he just silently follows people's comments around the site looking for reasons to be angry and insecure.
Euhm, weren't you the one who just stated that everything you write on a public site can be used against you? Well, Mark just used a stupid post you wrote in another thread to cleverly reprove you here. Deal with it and don't be a cry baby about it.