Apologies to the forum's members

Tools    

After I decided to leave the forum I wrote that ton of offensive comments in order to force me to not post anymore because I would be scared of people's reactions. To put into more clearly, I decided to rant over and make everybody hate me so that I wouldn't desire to post anymore.

That left a bad feeling in my mouth and I reflecting on my past behavior I see that I was extremely immature and disrespectful to the other members over the past two years. As a result to feel better I decided to write this apology post to people here.

One thing about the fights I had with other forum members is that they all were about the same field: I was ranting that people were ignorant about anime, didn't watch it and didn't understand it. Well, of course, if I join a forum with this name obviously I shouldn't expect people here to have such niche interest thus I was an idiot in expecting that people here would be anime buffs like me. So I my apologies about it: I was really stupid in my past behavior.

Another thing I was mad with the forum, well, after being insulted for 18 months, it gets to you (even if initially it did not) and makes you angry. Anger takes over and you lose ability to reason and to be reasonable with people. (obligatory Miyazaki citation) Miyazaki said that the tentacles coming out from the skin of the demon god in Princess Mononoke symbolized that state when hatred takes over and you lose the ability to reason as something comes out of you and takes control. I was like that for the past few months. Sorry for offending Mark F who is a person that I actually respect by a good deal.

I have lost general interest in movies now. So I wouldn't post very regularly but I plan from time to time to check the forum out.

You know if you want to leave a forum, you can just change to a new email acct, scramble your password, then delete the email acct to prevent password reset, right?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
As far as I'm concerned, it's OK Guap, but work on it, not only for those here but for your own sake.

OH, GOOD! As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought, I hope that's a new Guaporense thread.

IT IS!

Okay. I have to go read his post now. *waves goodbye*

You're a weird dude Guap. But that's okay because I am too. Glad to have you back.

I don't really think I am weird. Though the side of my personality that I projected into the forum was my weirdest/angriest. I will be more serious and hence more the real "me" now.

Edit: Though this is the second time I say this.

So I'm the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?
I chose to be a turd to stop myself from wanting to post because it was easier then not posting? Admittedly I haven't read the terms and conditions of the site but I am pretty sure you are not forced to partake in a particular number of log in's, posts and shouts daily or you forfeit your life. I guess I'm too old now to understand. I understand the apology thing and I respect that but the reasoning surely has to be considered at least a bit silly but then again I expect any "Nazi Pedophile" to be at least be trying someway to be mildly offensive.

After I decided to leave the forum I wrote that ton of offensive comments in order to force me to not post anymore because I would be scared of people's reactions. To put into more clearly, I decided to rant over and make everybody hate me so that I wouldn't desire to post anymore.
Yup, I guessed it right, I knew it was about 'burning bridges'.
There's an old adage about breaking off a relationship, "Do you pick a fight or just stop calling."
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=37785

So I'm the only one that thinks this is ridiculous?

I chose to be a turd to stop myself from wanting to post because it was easier then not posting? Admittedly I haven't read the terms and conditions of the site but I am pretty sure you are not forced to partake in a particular number of log in's, posts and shouts daily or you forfeit your life.
I understand what Guap was trying to do. It's not always easy to stop yourself from doing something. You can't always be like, "I'm gonna STOP smoking cigarettes today!" "I'm gonna stop eating so much since I just became 3,000 lbs!" But if you do something to make it harder to do those things... it just might work and you might not do them anymore. That's why Guap was rude -- so he'd be too embarrassed to come back.

Didn't work, though. Now he's into apologies, it seems.

It didn't work indeed. Because I felt bad about it. Anyway, I haven't watched more than a 2 movies over the past 3.5 months so I will not post about movies because I am less interested in them now. But I am just trying to clean it up a little bit.

Guaporense,

Twice now I left the forum for a short time because I didnt want to post anymore... neither time did I say anything hateful to anyone here.. and you know, some noticed I was gone and said something... some didnt notice at all... If you want to leave .. just leave.... that way when you come back... no need to apologize.. I never reacted with you but I didnt agree with what I read... so next time.... just leave without posting... that way if you do decide to come back... its not a big deal..

This feels maybe a little melodramatic.
I am a melodramatic person.

For example, I believe someone here has said I was insecure about my taste in anime. Well, that's true: when I watched Madoka I felt horrible in a way: after watching it I felt like I was isolating myself from reality, that reality didn't feel real anymore and that those people (the people in my real life) were distant from me as if they were in another world. I wouldn't feel that way if I wasn't profoundly moved by it in a way that no mainstream film moved me: as if I were a different kind of people. When I forced people here to watch it for the Hall of Fame I was depressed by the fact people there did not feel the same about it as I did. I don't really understand why I felt bad about it: I didn't feel bad about loving bands that almost nobody listens too like Kreator.

Let the night air cool you off
Welcome back, Guapo. I apologize for ever saying anything that upset you. That was never my intentions, it's just in my personality to tease people like that. I know that online and through text my tone is hard to measure, so I understand how what I have said to you could be taken the wrong way. I initially wanted to blame you on not being able to take a joke, which is something I do believe you can work on, but I should also do a better job of knowing how to interact with each person. So, basically what I am saying is that I am sorry for not doing a better job of building a comfort level with you before I decided to tease you.

I know you like me. I accept offensive jokes when they are from people I know for a long time. And in the internet is harder to know if you are serious or not so it's harder to know. Also, there is a thing called being fed up: if you joke at me a little about my love for Miyazaki's work, ok, if people joke about it 50 times for a year, it's not ok, it's offensive.