MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2014 - The Regular Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
The dude is a bum. I have fallen into the trap of thinking he will put it all together...but he never seems to be able to make it happen.

I dont know about that Mike. I know last year was a complete falloff for him (still better than BJ Uptons), but since then he's had an elbow surgery, hit like his old self in the spring, #'s improved across the board, and got a homer opening day. I think he may be back.

Kind of funny. Fantasy Baseball wise I was so eager for the season to start. It has, that's awesome, but now its like Im still waiting for the Fantasy Baseball season to start kinda because it'll take a month or so to sort out the standings.

Really dont want to play Tony Cingrani vs St Louis. Last year when he was light-out, his era vs them was in the 4's.

AUGH! And of course Cingrani rocks it vs St Louis on my bench cause I was careful I think I learn this lesson every season - start them everytime.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
AUGH! And of course Cingrani rocks it vs St Louis on my bench cause I was careful I think I learn this lesson every season - start them everytime.
Don't. Then you end up like I did

True, but that motivates change. Actually Im happy because I know to start Cingrani without reservation. Keep it simple & stupid, and start your starters. Heck at the least its more fun that way.

Cubs and Pirates are still playing in a real ugly one. Grilli blew the save for the Buc's and Veras blew the save for Cub's!

Yeah I was peeking at the screen and in extra innings saw McCutchen was up with 2 outs, bases loaded. He struck out. ouch

The Mariners are 3-0. That's interesting.

Well played, Toronto!!

Having one of my favorite musicians of all time throw the first pitch... almost made me like the Blue Jays for a second...almost.

Dumb question, but are closers worth running at all in fantasy? They pitch so few innings, they completely slay multiple stats in an effort to get one counting category. I was up by 8 points last night, and after my closer went, I was -4.5 on the day... Two days in a row with a 40+ era from my closer... I am wondering what would happen if I just don't ever run pitchers that pitch less than 5 innings per game...

Dumb question, but are closers worth running at all in fantasy? They pitch so few innings, they completely slay multiple stats in an effort to get one counting category. I was up by 8 points last night, and after my closer went, I was -4.5 on the day... Two days in a row with a 40+ era from my closer... I am wondering what would happen if I just don't ever run pitchers that pitch less than 5 innings per game...
Ive looked at past winners in the league, and the only one I think had strong closing was Dexters team in 2012. Its not necessary to have 3 or more closers, but you dont want to kill your chances of winning the league. To ignore Saves instantly depletes 10% of the total points you can earn. A 10% advantage everyone in the league will have over you. Run with 2 good ones, and youll be fine. Imo

I think the real question is whether or not crappy closers are worth running. Even decent ones don't slay your stats--to the contrary, they tend to have significantly lower ERAs and WHIPs than even very good starters. The downside is usually eating into your innings limit without any hope of Wins.

Punting saves is a perfectly viable strategy, though.

Johnson is a complete disaster so far, but appears to have a REALLY long leash. It;s early, I will wait to see how things shake out, hobbling along with Street and Soria (who looks to have swiped the job closing for now). May sit Johnson until he gets his ERA down under 30