MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2014 - The Regular Season

Tools    

The Chicago White Sox closer dilemma.

So Addison Reed is traded, and it's between Nate Jones, Matt Lindstrom, and the dark horse Daniel Webb. Jones and Lindstrom are coming off injuries, Jones a glute injury and Lindstrom an oblique, and Webb missed a week for a funeral.

They've decided who is the closer, said they were going to talk to the 3 guys before announcing, but still havent told Jones yet if he's closing or not.

Im thinking Daniel Webb. He had 7 saves against tough opponents this spring, and put up the best #'s of the three. Lindstrom has experience, Jones is good, but I think the Sox feel Webbs #'s are real. Plus the other 2 are injured somewhat still.

Edit in - HA! ^^^^^^^^^ Just when I posted that I checked and saw Lindstrom was the announced closer. I got him whew

First home run of the "real" start of the season goes to Victor Martinez! (Done and Dunn)

Yeah I think it was Neil Wallker that got the walkoff. Too bad Liriano didnt get the Win, or Grilli a Save, but they both did great. Liriano 10 K's

The distinction of being the first to hit 2 home runs in a game this season goes to....................
...Alejandro DeAza?! Hey, Ill take it.

I need a closer so bad and I was literally 20 minutes late on Lindstrom an K=Rod.!
I cant trade for anyone because at this point my players are to valuable!

No me. I asked first!
I right now have an offer sitting in Seans lap offering him Tony Cingrani & Matt Lindstrom for Jordan Zimmermann. He's at work but it sounded like he was gonna take it.

Its the 15 day DL. I didnt even have enough faith in him to start him today vs David Price. His batting was way off in spring, so I thought I'd wait for him to get the rust off, but today he couldnt get to the 2nd inning.

Yeah, I'm kind of hording closers right now. I can't drop Henderson because K-Rod kind of sucks and will probably lose the job at some point. Brothers should hopefully take the job over eventually, but who knows when that'll happen. Not that I'm complaining, but my early season roster construction is kind of weird.

Also, the Giants are making me nervous in the 9th. Close it out Romo!

A system of cells interlinked
Pretty sure my closer got shelled last night.

Also, when I pick up a guy as a sub for a day, I should check to see if he is actually playing that day and stuff. :-/

Heh. I did that a number of times last year. I'd see my guy was hurt or scratched or whatever, and rush out to pick up a replacement, and then realize he had an off-day. I think at least once I did it twice in a row.

A system of cells interlinked
I needed to rotate some late round auto-drafts off my team anyway, so the guy will be useful eventually - I will just hang on to him for the position depth at this point.

Hey hey! Some good news on Jose Reyes front! Diagnosed with a mild inflammation in left hammy. Reyes compared it to one he had in 2011 where he missed 29 games. If thats all that comes from this then its good news.