MoFo Fantasy Baseball '11 - The Trade Thread

Tools    

Well trading is done for real this time. Yahoos doing a maintenence now but I was on in the a.m. and there werent any left-right arrows next to other teams player names to initiate a trade. Yep trading couldve been done yesterday, and it wasnt for a lack of trying on my part.

Now the finished product..........Dexter & Yoda should post too since the 3 of us made up for over half the trading this season

C Yorvit Torreallba
1B Jesus Guzman
2B Jason Kipnis
3B Casey McGhee
SS Derek Jeter (He's earning now boys he's earning! )
OF Shane Victorino ******** Natural Original. Never traded away.
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Desmond Jennings
UT Ben Zobrist
UT Casey Kotchman
B J.D. Martinez
B Hideko Matsui

SP James Shields
SP David Price
RP Drew Storen ****** Natural Og
RP John Axford ******** Natural Og
P Mariano Rivera rp
P Yovani Gallardo
P Javier Vazquez
B Mike Leake
B Derek Holland
B Josh Collmenter
DL Tommy Hanson

Good times gents. Good times

Now the finished product..........Dexter & Yoda should post too since the 3 of us made up for over half the trading this season
Okay then.

C -- M. Montero
1B - A. Pujols
2B - M. Young
3B - R. Zimmerman
SS - E. Aybar
OF - R. Braun
OF - J. Bautista
OF - A. McCutchen
UT - M. Cabrera
UT - C. Crisp

SP - C. Lee
SP - J. Weaver
SP - J. Lester
SP - J. Chacin
SP - J. Danks
SP - D. Fister

Guys I've had all year: Pujols, Lee, Weaver, Chacin. Bandied Chacin about a lot, and even entertained trading Pujols early on. Really didn't try to trade Lee or Weaver much at all.

So, yeah, half my pitching staff is new, and only 1 of my 10 starting hitters was a guy I drafted. Whee. None of my relievers were drafted. So out of the 25 players (I think; I have 2 on the DL) I've got right now, I believe a grand total of 4 of them were on my team when the season started.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
C- Mike Napoli- Homer Machine snagged off the Waiver wire (comen off DL )

1B- Todd Helton- FA picked up very early to fill in for Dunn while he works through a "temporary slump"..has been a fixture all season. pleasantly surprised, solid BA decent pop.

2B- Brett Lawrie- FA Rookie Phenom

3B- David Wright- Aquired for Dan Haren, who never actually played a game for me..so in my mind its Wright for Price which i'll take all day. DL stretch was a drag mind you.

SS- JJ Hardy Waiver Wire (off of DL) picked up while Han Ram starten the season looked Dunnish.

OF- Cargo- Trading HanRam gave my team a remote opp to heal itself
OF-Shin Soo Koo koo ka choo- 1st trade of mofo land , dealt Carpenter for him..missed so much time hard to form an opinion one way or the other really.
OF-Josh Hamilton- Aquired for Awesome to that point CC . anchors average, not as much power as i'd hope tbh.

Utility- Edward Encarcion..hey look a player i actually drafted. Has been Super Awesom e since the all star break.
Utility- Yuni Bettencourt SS for the Brewers picked up as a FA after i traded Aybar ..has been a delight

Bench-

OF-Dustin Ackley- Traded for Aybar. sure wish he'd steal more

Colby Rasmus has been brutal for the most part, but worth the extra Closer i had at the time for teh upside change of scenery can often bring.

Pitchers

Yahoo is down, and outside of Trevor Cahill who i drafted, i cant remember the guys on my rag tag crew of FA starters/

i def did the homer thing though. rode Villueneva til his Arm gave out..Brett Cecil has been steady eddie since comen back from vegas though.

oh and Morrow..maybe my best trade all year..aquired for 2B brent lillibridge and 1B Aubrey Huff.

Closers

Walden aquired essentially for Marcum with Hill never regaining last seasons form. (to be fair tabata that went to yodes didnt do much either..and marcum's health was trippy for a few weeks..so overall im happy with walden as i had zero real closers at the time.

Jon rauch is like mitch williams..every 9th is an adventure. No way i'd own him if he was a Jay i dont think.

so yeah Encarcion and Cahill is all i have left from draft day. And actually i think i dropped Encarcion at one point to ride Travis Snider only to snap him up when Wright went down.

Just looked at Tim Hudson's recent starts, and it looks like Seds pwned me on that deal a bit. Well done, dude. Hudson's last four starts: 2 ER, 2 ER, 1 ER, 1 ER. He's gone 13 starts without giving up more than 3 ER and dropped his ERA a full run in that time period.

A system of cells interlinked
He has been great! He's one of the (few) pitchers I am happy with this year.

A system of cells interlinked
i looked at your roster..and saw that you were Rolling with Phenom angel pagan, who over 85 games has managed an awesome .247 BA and 6 whole long balls.
Pagan? He has never been a regular on my roster, ever. He is a sub that gets steals on off-days, and that's it. My starters are, and have always been, Matt Kemp, Tori Hunter, and Lance Berkman and lately, Josh Willingham, the underrated gem. I tend to move dudes around depending on Avila's off-days, as he isn't playing as much lately. So sometimes, I have to slide Santana to Catcher, and juggle Berkman or Butler into the 1B slot for a day or two. Rest assured, Pagan has always, always been a sub except for one week during which Berkman missed games.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Pagan? He has never been a regular on my roster, ever. He is a sub that gets steals on off-days, and that's it. My starters are, and have always been, Matt Kemp, Tori Hunter, and Lance Berkman and lately, Josh Willingham, the underrated gem. I tend to move dudes around depending on Avila's off-days, as he isn't playing as much lately. So sometimes, I have to slide Santana to Catcher, and juggle Berkman or Butler into the 1B slot for a day or two. Rest assured, Pagan has always, always been a sub except for one week during which Berkman missed games.
Well that explains why ya got all hot and bothered, but at the same time you can see the methodology behind my offer.

no big whoop. good luck in the playoffs.

Made 7 more moves, shouldve been 6 but I goofed.

C Yorvit Torrealba - Great batting .AVG
1B Jesus Guzman - Confident enough in him to drop Kotchman
2B Ben Zobrist
3B Casey McGhee - This is Caseys week to sink or swim.
SS Derek Jeter
OF Shane Victorino
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Desmond Jennings
UT Casper Wells
UT J.D. Martinez

B Jim Thome - Even playing half the time his totals are stellar, so far.
B Juan Pierre - Finally playing level of ball he always should have.

SP James Shields
SP David Price
RP Drew Storen
RP John Axford
P Mariano Rivera
P Alfredo Aceves - Great to just leave on your active roster and he eventually picks up Wins & Saves, moreso wins
P Yovani Gallardo

B Fausto Carmona - I think he's back to what he once was.
B Kyle Kendrick - A surprising find in the Phillies bullpen. Originally transfered due to starter injuries, because of his performances is going to keep getting starts.
B Phil Hughes - Throwing to keep his job.
DL Tommy Hanson - Watch him tank when he finally comes back.