Things movies have taught me

Tools    

Haha Just wondering, what is the top film?
Shooter with Mark Wahlberg.

Funny stuff.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I learned: when looking around a corner for a bad guy, always, always point your gun up in case they come in through the ceiling.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If you run really fast and jump away from an impending explosion, and you're the good guys, you'll survive. If the bad guys try the same thing, they're usually toast.

that's what she said...
Haha nice thread.

I'm going to go with this: No matter your personality type, if you geeky or athletic or a superhero or have murdered someone or basically anything--you always get the girl by the end of the movie. Hehe!

I'm sure we have a thread like this somewhere.

Anyway, I like that the lead actor/actress in a movie will always find a free stool at the bar, regardless of how packed the place is. They'll also be served straight away.

In a horror film, if you open a medicine cabinet, when you close it, whatever it is that's after you, will be standing behind you.

Regardless of the make and model, an alarming amount of cars sound as if they have a V8 engine.

Again, if you go by the sound, all shields and scabbards are made of metal.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I always get peeved when a 20-something's residence is super high-class with tons of cool furniture and lighting fixtures. It's almost as if the movies are trying to tell you you're completely failing at life. I don't know ANYONE under the age of 35 with apartments/houses like this:

Tom's [Joseph Gordon Levitt] apartment, "(500) Days of Summer"

Molly's [Brittany Murphy] apartment in "Uptown Girls"

Jake's [Ryan Gosling] house in "Crazy, Stupid, Love"

Yeah...my place doesn't look like that. So what do I learn? I learn from the movies that I'm a total loser who's dirt poor with a crummy apartment.

The most obvious one; shooting at cars blows them up. So does crashing them.

I learned that if you feed a stray cat to an ATM, you will get a free pass on mass murder.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I've learned that if you're a good guy trying to disarm a bomb, and you're on the phone with the bomb-disabling expert, something will go wrong and you'll be forced to guess which wire to cut and you'll always choose the right one.

I've learned that if you're really cool, you'll walk slowly away from an explosion (usually at film's end) and not even flinch while a huge fireball goes up behind you, staring coldly into the camera. This, despite having your butt handed to you several times in the movie.

In relation to honeykid's horror film scenario about the mirror, I've learned that you can also look into a refrigerator with a ridiculously high door and when you shut it, the killer is standing there. Or sometimes of late, it's a fake-out and they're not there.

I've learned not to tell your new detective partner how long you have till retirement. This is a sure death sentence.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I always get peeved when a 20-something's residence is super high-class with tons of cool furniture and lighting fixtures. It's almost as if the movies are trying to tell you you're completely failing at life. I don't know ANYONE under the age of 35 with apartments/houses like this:

Tom's [Joseph Gordon Levitt] apartment, "(500) Days of Summer"

Molly's [Brittany Murphy] apartment in "Uptown Girls"

Jake's [Ryan Gosling] house in "Crazy, Stupid, Love"

Yeah...my place doesn't look like that. So what do I learn? I learn from the movies that I'm a total loser who's dirt poor with a crummy apartment.
They also don't seem to spend much time at work and have infinite spare time to browse antique shops and hang out at batting cages...

Two things I've learned from films:

#1: If somebody in the film is driving a car, no matter how fast or slow they are going, or even if they are going in a perfectly straight line, they always swing the steering-wheel wildly left and right.

#2: Cars and motorbikes in movies have an infinite amount of gears, but only during chase scenes. Especially John Connor's dirt bike in Terminator 2.

that's what she said...
I've also learned that in movies, everyone has their phone in hand 24/7 because whenever somebody needs to make a call it rings once and the person on the other line immidiately answers.

Also, they must talk at the speed of light because the convo goes like this:

Main Character: "hello"
Person on Phone: **half of millisecond for them to have a chance to speak**
Main Character: "ok i'll be there as soon as possible"

Which is crazy because 1. nobody answers that fast and 2. you can't give a person information that quickly.

2 other things I've learned from films:

#1 Pistols, particularly six barrelled revolvers, often shoot twice as many bullets as they can physically hold.

#2 When left alone in a room, a group of foreign speaking characters will speak English to each other, but in a foreign accent.