Due to Hurricane Katrina…

Tools    

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Where's the money in that?
Where is the money in letting people just die? This is not about money (the rescuing and saving lives), there is more than enough avaible to take care of this. No it is just a big cluster, I mean congress is going to hold a special session later tonight to approve emergency aid. WTH, like they have to hold a special session for this, there should be contingency plan already for something like this.

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by 7thson
No it is just a big cluster, I mean congress is going to hold a special session later tonight to approve emergency aid.
Cool, a special session! I hope it doesn't cut into their busy schedules.

A system of cells interlinked
UPDATE

Trouble. New Orleans has just issued a nationwide SOS. The mayer claims the city has slipped into a state of anarchy, and can no longer be controlled. This is serious ****....

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I can't believe how things appear to be spiraling out of control.
Hospital's taking sniper fire is unbelieveable, similar events take place in Bosnia and the middle east, but I'm amazed that it's happening in the US.
I hope the snipers are caught, no punishment fits their crime, but never seeing the light of day again would be apt.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

May The Forks be With Us
Just get snipers to snipe their snipers. They have military presence in New Orleans. We need to just stop all the looting. All of it. If some one can't get food, then go to the army, they will give you food. It's too disorganized. We even have riots going on in Houston! They come here and when people come to help them they aren't greatful, they attack eachother to get food. It's crazy. Patientce. People are going to die of hunger. It's a very brutal way to look upon things but in my opinion humans try to save everyone they can or kill everyone they can, you need to be more of a gardener. Let the people who can help and the people who act in a appropriate manner, give them food, but jerks who start riots, get them some where were they will face time for puclic disturbances or something.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
Just get snipers to snipe their snipers. They have military presence in New Orleans. We need to just stop all the looting. All of it. If some one can't get food, then go to the army, they will give you food. It's too disorganized. We even have riots going on in Houston! They come here and when people come to help them they aren't greatful, they attack eachother to get food. It's crazy. Patientce. People are going to die of hunger. It's a very brutal way to look upon things but in my opinion humans try to save everyone they can or kill everyone they can, you need to be more of a gardener. Let the people who can help and the people who act in a appropriate manner, give them food, but jerks who start riots, get them some where were they will face time for puclic disturbances or something.
Wow... You're only 14, right?
"People are going to starve" just is not an acceptable attitude to those who are doing the starving.

Rock 'n' roll legend Fats Domino is among the thousands unaccounted for in flooded New Orleans after rebuffing friends' pleas to flee as Hurricane Katrina bore down on the city he celebrated in song, his manager said.

The 77-year-old musician, beloved for his boogie-woogie piano style and such hits as Ain't That a Shame, Walking to New Orleans and Blueberry Hill, has not been heard from since Sunday night, hours before Katrina slammed into the US Gulf Coast, manager Al Embry said.

Embry said he spoke to Domino by telephone twice on Sunday, trying to persuade the singer to evacuate, but the musician insisted he was "going to try to ride out" the storm at home with his wife, Rosemary, and his youngest daughter.

Embry, who is based in Nashville, Tennessee, said friend and onetime country music star Mickey Gilley, a cousin of Jerry Lee Lewis, got on the phone with him at one point on Sunday and "tried to beg (Domino) to leave."

Domino lives in New Orleans' 9th Ward, which Embry said was believed to be underwater.

Embry said he had received reports that Domino "might have been picked up on Tuesday night" and that he had been seen trying to flag down a passing boat near his house, but none of those accounts could be confirmed.

Source

Thanks for everyone looking out for me. Everything you're readin in the news is true....sniper fire..looting...no power no water..we had to be RESCUED from the hospital.

where's caity and who else from mofo is located in NO?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Equilibrium
where's caity
We don't know....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

My life isn't written very well.
I don't pray usually, but tonight my thoughts are with Cait'.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Half man, half machine
According to the news, Fats Domino and his daughter were rescued late last night.

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." - Roger Ebert

Half man, half machine
All hell is breaking loose this morning in New Orleans. Multiple explosions have been reported. Gangs now control the city. The mayor is pleading for 40,000 guards, he is receiving less than 1,000. President Bush promises to make a fly over today to see what’s "really going on". This is insane... I can’t help but feel that our government has failed us on multiple levels.

Freedom’s on the march.

Thanks for everyone looking out for me. Everything you're readin in the news is true....sniper fire..looting...no power no water..we had to be RESCUED from the hospital.

where's caity and who else from mofo is located in NO?
Good to hear from you.

You and or your family need anything?

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Good to hear from you.

You and or your family need anything?
No we're are fine. Our house sustained heavy heavy damage as did most of the city.

The situation is getting really bad, law enforment no longer exists in new orleans its controled by gangs and people with guns. You know that scene in war of the worlds where the ONLY car running was taken over by a bunch of rioters??? that happened to us but my dad and i drove reallly fast.

Originally Posted by MovieDan82
All hell is breaking loose this morning in New Orleans. Multiple explosions have been reported. Gangs now control the city. The mayor is pleading for 40,000 guards, he is receiving less than 1,000. President Bush promises to make a fly over today to see what’s "really going on". This is insane... I can’t help but feel that our government has failed us on multiple levels.

Freedom’s on the march.

He's not quite the leader some of me had hoped him to be... my pivot of hope for the man had went down the drain with the morning hairs from my chinny chin chin.

A fly over to see what's "really going on"? Who the hell does he think he is... Marvin Gaye? Why doesn't he stop down, get his feet wet and drop some food or diapers for the babies stuck in that garbage or better yet... move over on his comfy seat and make room for some of them? Maybe I ask too much from the man. Sorry bout that! That's just me... but what does he expect to see from the air? I know, I know, a Nawlins' lady showing her breasts for beads!

At least the man can wave hello from up above, I guess.

No we're are fine. Our house sustained heavy heavy damage as did most of the city.

The situation is getting really bad, law enforment no longer exists in new orleans its controled by gangs and people with guns. You know that scene in war of the worlds where the ONLY car running was taken over by a bunch of rioters??? that happened to us but my dad and i drove reallly fast.
Glad to hear that you and yours are maintaining!

I am having a nervous breakdance
The situation in New Orleans appears to be really really unpleasant and getting worse all the time. I haven't really worried about Cait before since she's small but tough and smart but now I don't like this one bit.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Equilibrium, glad you and your family are well, what are your plans now, have you somewhere to go till this all boils over? My thoughts are with you, I hope things get better for you soon.
Really worried about Caitlyn, but obviously there are more pressing things on her mind just now, I hope she is safe and well.
I still can't believe all that is going on, why is Bush taking so long to act?
Our news reports have made little mention of the snipers or gangs, but I think the BBC pulled its news people out on monday.
I hope its all resolved soon, and we hear from Caitlyn.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
The situation in New Orleans appears to be really really unpleasant and getting worse all the time. I haven't really worried about Cait before since she's small but tough and smart but now I don't like this one bit.
I'm really worried too. Watching the chaos that's going on is heartwretching. I'm sure they needed every police officer to stay on duty. I have to keep thinking that the good thing is that she'll be with other officers and hopefully safe. Knowing Caity...she's probably more worried about her family than herself right now. I hope she's ok.