What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
Green Lantern - pretty weak. Going to check out X-Men: First Class again this evening. Much better film overall and also just in the superhero genre.

Somewhere out there I'm having a good time.
Saw Green Lantern last week and wasted some perfectly good money then went and saw an advanced screening of Bad Teacher on Wednesday. Hoping to go see Cars 2 and Pirates 4 in double feature tonight at the drive in. So you say ****** movie, well I say....Besides Super 8 and Bridesmaids has there been anything good haha.

Saw Green Lantern last week and wasted some perfectly good money then went and saw an advanced screening of Bad Teacher on Wednesday. Hoping to go see Cars 2 and Pirates 4 in double feature tonight at the drive in. So you say ****** movie, well I say....Besides Super 8 and Bridesmaids has there been anything good haha.
I hear you on Super 8 and Bridesmaids. I actually enjoyed Thor as well, though I know opinion is somewhat split on that. IMO, Pirates 4 was a waste of money as well. I hope you like it a lot more than I did.

I hear you on Super 8 and Bridesmaids. I actually enjoyed Thor as well, though I know opinion is somewhat split on that. IMO, Pirates 4 was a waste of money as well. I hope you like it a lot more than I did.
I am looking forward to a disappointing night. That's why I am seeing them at the drive in so I can say I only wasted 4 dollars on Cars2 and Pirates4 instead of 8 on each haha.

I was going to say Thor but for some reason it just didn't feel like summer for me yet when I watched it haha.

I am looking forward to a disappointing night. That's why I am seeing them at the drive in so I can say I only wasted 4 dollars on Cars2 and Pirates4 instead of 8 on each haha.

I was going to say Thor but for some reason it just didn't feel like summer for me yet when I watched it haha.
Ha, fair. What did you think of Thor? I enjoyed it a lot and was expecting virtually nothing from it. I know a few folks that were not as impressed, so I'm curious.

Ha, fair. What did you think of Thor? I enjoyed it a lot and was expecting virtually nothing from it. I know a few folks that were not as impressed, so I'm curious.
This is my review of it straight from my thread on the review forum.

‎Thor - 8/10
This Film Became #89 On My All-Time List
http://www.imdb.com/list/Q9VNpfdHQYM/

Thor blends mythology and superhero together so well that at times you forget which one is which. This is a must see for any person planning on watching The Avengers. However if your not a true fan of comic book films its better that you pass on this one.

Thor blends mythology and superhero together so well that at times you forget which one is which. This is a must see for any person planning on watching The Avengers. However if your not a true fan of comic book films its better that you pass on this one.[/quote]

That's about what I thought as well. I think I gave it an 85% on my podcast a few weeks ago. I am VERY much looking forward to the Avengers next summer and I hope that Captain America is even better than Thor and sheds some more light onto what is coming next summer. Can't wait.

X-Men First Class, but IDK does a drive in count?

X-Men First Class, but IDK does a drive in count?
I think that counts. Just because a theater is outside doesn't make it less of a theater. Especially if it's a first-run establishment, then it definitely counts.

What did you think?

Has anyone ever went to go see a movie without ever knowing what it was about? No trailers, no commercials, no synopsis. It could be an interesting experience some times. For me it was Super 8 (last movie I saw)

I don't think that's happened for me. I came kinda close with Sunshine -- I only had a rough plot synopsis. Ditto for Unbreakable -- I think I saw just one or two very vague trailers.

Probably not coincidentally, the films I've seen while knowing very, very little about them, I've tended to like a lot more than the others, on average. I really prefer it and I wish more directors and studios would follow the examples of Abrams and Nolan in keeping these things under wraps, even in the promotional materials. It makes for a much better experience.

I've felt this way for awhile, and to this end I specifically tried to avoid anything about Inglorious Basterds (though I knew it was about WW2 years before it came out, since Tarantino had talked about it a fair bit). But even that got through; I think I was trying to cover my ears and eyes during one of the trailers but it was too loud, so I gave up.

That happened to me with a lot of movies I saw in high school that older friends of mine who were all in film school dragged me to. The Thin Red Line, Limbo, Gods and Monsters and a bunch of others. Those first two are a couple of my fondest memories of being a teenager.

Trailers that give WAY too much away are an epidemic. I have been ranting about this for years, but based on most trailers I can tell you 90% of the movie without going to see it. Whatever happened to a little mystery? Show us the main characters, hook us with something cool, and tease the story. Boom. Two minutes and out. Honestly, I think this would work better with regards to crappy movies that people can identify based on their trailers. What if there were more mystery? Maybe more people would actually go see them because they can't tell how awful they really are. It is a lost art for sure.

Yesterday I saw Easy Rider at the AFI in Silver Springs, Maryland. Awesome.

Today I saw Transformers 3. There was some daring cross-marketing going on in this movie because it also doubles as the first Bratz sequel.

The last movie I saw in the theater was 127 Hours; I don't get out to the movies often enough...

just saw Bad Teacher the other night.

it was...okay. not as funny as i thought it was going to be, but it certainly wasn't bad.

Former Lindsay Lohan Fan
The last movie I saw at the theater was Thor, prior to seeing Thor it was A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. It has been a couple of years since I regularly attended the theater been out of work for over a year now but thankfully I am in school now so things will get better.