Movie Tab II

Tools    

I didn't say cliche was bad. Simply that true stories can be cliched. Let's face it, if we only watched films where we didn't have any idea of what was going to happen, there wouldn't be much narrative cinema to watch.

Thank You For Smoking

Very Nice Movie against Cigarettes give a lesson to everyone who smoke's.

Network

An awesome adaptation and the casting is incredible

Blow

Johnny Depp is once again completely incredible

Requiem For A Dream

One of my favorite movie of all-time the best adaptation against the drugs and the addiction

The Possesion

A nice creepy 2000's horror movie. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is awesome.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Nice comedy for everyone . Kristen Bell is GORGEOUS

Project X

Yes I know it's not a movie for all and it's not a great movie but it's exactly what a great party is and I love party . Brief , it's not a movie for everyone but for me it's very nice .

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Nah, that comment was towards JayDee as he always jokes about my film tastes

Well if it had a few car chases. And explosions. And an alien invasion or two. Oh and Nicholas Cage! If The Conformist had Nicholas Cage...and was directed by John Woo then perhaps it could have been interesting.

And despite what you may think I don't need action to enjoy a film. There are plenty of films I love that don't have any action. It's just that I also like them to be not completely boring!!! Anyway what happened to you man? I miss the Daniel M who used to love Con Air!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Dinocroc (Kevin O’Neill, 2004)
-
The Telegraph Trail (Tenny Wright, 1933)

The Big Stampede (Tenny Wright, 1932)

Poltergeist II: The Other Side (Brian Gibson, 1986)

Reverend Julian Beck is a lot more than a door-to-door proselytizer and he has his eyes on Carol Anne.
Sagebrush Trail (Armand Schaefer, 1933)
-
Randy Rides Alone (Harry Fraser, 1934)
-
Monster Island (Jack Perez, 2004)

The Last Picture Show (Peter Bogdanovich, 1971)

After Cybill Shepherd puts his hand there, Jeff Bridges lets his fingers do the walking.
Allegheny Uprising (William A. Seiter, 1939)
+
Sun Don't Shine (Amy Seimetz, 2012)

Wishmaster (Robert Kurtzman, 1997)

Little Big Man (Arthur Penn, 1970)

Chief Dan George as Old Lodgeskins, the wise but hilarious adoptive grandfather of Jack Crabb (“Little Big Man”) [Dustin Hoffman].
Fort Apache (John Ford, 1948)
-
Rio Grande (John Ford, 1950)
+
The Wings of Eagles (John Ford, 1957)
+
The Quiet Man (John Ford, 1952)

Quiet, peace-loving American John Wayne returns home to Ireland and falls for Maureen O’Hara, which makes his life a lot noisier.
Dead Noon (Andrew Wiest, 2007)
-
Use Your Imagination (Roy Mack, 1933)

Friends with Kids (Jennifer Westfeldt, 2011)
+
Jesus Christ Superstar (Norman Jewison, 1973)
-

Jesus (Ted Neeley) asks God to take the cup (his upcoming death) away from him.

Anyway what happened to you man? I miss the Daniel M who used to love Con Air!
Yeah, he's lost to us now, JD. Not that Con Air is any good, but you know what I mean.

Randy Rides Alone

Anyway what happened to you man? I miss the Daniel M who used to love Con Air!
I still love Con Air. I like a lot of the films you do despite what you think actually, just artistic ones too!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I don't know why, but all of sudden I want to watch The Last Picture Show.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I don't know why, but all of sudden I want to watch The Last Picture Show.
omg my first thought as well when seeing the picture

Chungking Express (1994)

Raging Bull (1980) rewatch

Umberto D. (1952)

The Skin I Live In (2011)

The Fountain (2006)

Last Year at Marienbad (1961)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
omg my first thought as well when seeing the picture
You are kinky. I like you.

It's all style and no substance to me. I thought it was artsy as hell, which isn't always a bad thing, but it was also extremely boring, hence the low rating. I also didn't care about anything that was happening (or not happening) in the film, or any of the characters for that matter. The dialogue was repetitious, it made no sense, and the film itself is totally uninteresting. I've seen a lot of complex movies which I didn't really love but at least appreciated to some degree for trying to challenge the viewer. Movies like Primer, or Persona, for instance. What does this film try to do?

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah Last Year at Marienbad does absolutely nothing for me either.

The Last Picture Show will place very high on my 70's list. I hope more people watch it and fall in love with it.

Synecdoche, New York (2008) - Charlie Kaufman
I have the same problem with all Kaufman written films - I love them for a while and then they lose me. Not sure if it's me or him ...

Spider-Man 3 (2007) - Sam Raimi
Not much to say.

L'Âge d'or (1930) - Luis Bunuel
Loved it. Earns extra points for being only an hour long

Donnie Darko (2001) - Richard Kelly
My memories of this weren't particular positive but watching the director's cut was a big improvement.
-

The Howling (1981) - Joe Dante
Like many classic horror movies it's quite dated now but it was effective enough.
+

Escape From Tomorrow (2013) - Randy Moore
Really liked the first half but it went in an unexpected direction in the second half and I don't think it worked overly well. Still, a decent debut.

Lola (1961) - Jacques Demy
The first film I've seen by Demy. A really interesting look at love from different angles. I really enjoyed the camera work in this - it felt like I was floating around the characters at times. Great music too.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Noah - Russell Crowe is good, Jennifer Connelly is even better, and the film is beautiful looking. But it is also dark, unpleasant, and depressing. I can't even describe this one in a short blurb...Wow. WTF did I see?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Best Marvel film ever in terms of engrossing story, bad ass action, character development, and special effects. My favorite film this year so far.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/