Movie Remakes?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Remakes that I've enjoyed watching are "The Thomas Crown Affair" and "Oceans 11".
I also liked "Oceans 11" but I like the original "Thomas Crown Affair"

Originally Posted by nebbit
Just what we need wasn't the King Kong with Jessica Lange a remake.
And I'm glad it was a remake too. Who wants to see that garbage from 1933. Sure in it's time it probably blew people away but no way is it for the present day movie goers. I thought the 1976 remake was awesome.
King kong lives (1986) was a sequel that took it down a few notches but if they do go ahead with another original remake of the film, I'd still be very interested to how it turned out with today's CGI's. Of course, a talented cast would be nice also.
I mean, I'm not going to completely right it off before giving it a chance just because it has "Remake" hanging over it's head. If it is a bust then I'll always have the 70's remake to fall back on.

They should remake Troy and make it good.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

I heard somebody is going to remake The Waterboy, only this time as a comedy.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Ha ha ha ha! ah, that killed me.

Personally, I think if they do a king Kong remake, they should do it with nobody actors. The movie would be so much better. My reason for saying this is first off, King Kong is not really a serious drama, especially if they're gonna make it these days. Second, it's more effective to have a no name cast because the audience is then forced to be more interested in the story (given, the screenplay is good) because they're not worried about or looking towards the next scene with so-and-so. And third, when you use big-time names in classic movies, a lot of times they screw it up because the actors are more interested in being seen in the movie than actually giving a great performance. This is usually because of their own stardom agenda. I'm not gonna give examples because there are too many but those are the reasons I feel a movie should be remade without big actors. Oh, I remembered another movie that was just as good or better than the original and that movie is ofcourse ScarFace with Al Pacino. One of my fave actors and fave movies. Oh, imagine if they ever remade the Godfather? How awful to concieve.