Movie Tab

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Mothman Prophecies

Baseketball (a-gain)

"I like hospitals!"
"No, you don't--you like Taco Bell."

I love Baseketball! It's easily one of the funniest movies I've EVER seen.

"You couldn't get a chick if you had a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your zipper."
"I'm telling you, it's jobs. We gotta get jobs. Then we get the khakis. Then we get the chicks."

Funny, funny, funny movie. The song Coop hears on the radio is indescribably hilarious.

Now With Moveable Parts
Harry Potter

I guess you had to have read the book.

I suppose it lagged at some points, but I thought, for a children's film it was wonderful, and as a film in general it was quite good.

Bah. Boooooo.

I didn't care for Harry Potter too much, either. However, I probably would have loved it when I was a little kid.

City Lights (second time)
I'm not usually into real old movies, especially silent ones, so this probably isn't too fair. I don't like it. I saw it when I was a kid, and I thought I would give it another try.

Well, perhaps my being younger has something to do with it...though seeing as how I know many adults who loved it as much or more than I did, I doubt that's the case. Go figure.

T-roy was my litmus test for Harry Potter when we went to see it. I'd read all the books, and he hadn't (he's not big on the written word, the schmuck). And he's really, really critical of the "big blockbuster" in general. I knew I'd love the movie on principle, and figured Troy would hate it.

But he surprised the hell out of me by digging the movie big-time, and now he's reading the books. So there you go.

Anywho...

Funny you should mention City Lights, firegod, 'cause we watched The Great Dictator yesterday. I loved City Lights when I saw it a few years back, and The Great Dictator was excellent, too. A little peek at the Chaplin soap-box with that amazing speech at the end...

"Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical--our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness."

The "machinery" comments make me think of Modern Times. Okay, enough about Chaplin, 'cause we also watched...

The Man Who Wasn't There. I'd waited forever to see it, and I wasn't at all disappointed. What a film!

"What kind of man are you? What kind of man are you?"

Didn't they notice the title of the movie? He's a man who wasn't there. Pay attention, people.

Morbida
Heavy Metal 2000 - ClockWork Orange

Snatch
Chopper
Kolobos
Mike Basett England Manager
Resovoir Dogs
American Pie 2

i stayed out and had some beers while watching films
if u like scary/weird movies u should rent Kolobos

At the behest of our color-blind friend Mike, we watched Pootie Tang. Ridiculous, mostly funny. All the best quotes would be nonsense words, so I'm not even gonna try.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Saving Silverman
The Cable Guy

"CAAAAAAAAAAAABLE GUY"

40 Days & 40 Nights
"I somehow think Mr. Butterworth wouldn't appreciate that"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Whad'you know?
Waking Life

Repulsion

Finally got round to watching a couple of movies

crazed out movie freak
Over the top with stallone.
anyone see it before