Does Anybody Else Hate Robin Williams?

Tools    

Yaah even I am visiting this thread to know why would someone on Earth Dislike Robbin Williams.
I like his performance a lot

Originally Posted by Destiny
That sounds like you actually did like some of his movies, but once you watched One Hour Photo, and did not like it, you no longer liked anything else he was in. That, and you never watched anything new of his. Is that what you are saying? If so, that is very strange. All actors and actresses make at least one crappy movie in their career. If you do this with all of them, you will eventually run out of movies to watch, don't you think? If you don't do this with all of them, then why did you choose to do so with Robin Williams?
I think the problem was Robin Williams didn't act psychotic enough for her.

So here s the thing: I hate Robin Williams. Not as a person, (why should I?) but as an actor.
Just like anything else, everyone has their own opinion and thoughts. Williams might not have had the same affect on everyone. But he was a truly talented man no doubt.

I've never hated Robin Williams, but I never found him to be especially funny, or entertaining. I didn't get it, why he was so well-loved, but I felt bad when he died, especially with the how part. And then you see the same sort of thing happening with Jim Carey's ex-girlfriend and it's just hard to reconcile when so many of us would love to live like a celebrity. It just makes me that much more appreciative of the fact that I've been relatively burden-free and have no personal demons dragging me down. For me ... Life is Good.

I watched Jakob the Liar last night for the first time.
I did so based on seeing it mentioned a few times on this site. Excellent film.

Looking back, it seems I liked movies where Robin had a dramatic role better than comedies:
Dead Poet's Society
Awakenings
Bicentennial Man (in which he has more drama scenes than comedy)
What Dreams May Come
The Fisher King

I watched the episode of Louie with Robin Williams for the first time last night. Man, that episode is now so much more depressing than Louie was initially going for

Nothing wrong with the thread.There is no disrespect being shown but ,as usual , someone has to be offended.............get a job or something!
It's generating discussion.

I liked Robin Williams,he made me laugh more than once.

Good morning Vietnam and Good Will Hunting were good movies.I enjoyed The Survivors and Moscow on the Hudson but they were a long time ago and I haven't seen them since.

I didn't "like" this actor. I think he was involved in nice movies (dead poet society, good morning vietnam) but there was something with him that definitely irritated me:his fainted modesty, his non-assumed narcissism. I do respect the man I didn't know personnaly, but his behaviour, to me (of course I might be totally wrong), was of someone who couldn't admit not to be loooved by every human being on the planet, and in general, I can't stand that.

I love Robin Williams-he has a very genuine quality about him,a bit marilyn monroe-ish,sad-childish/childlike and loveable.
i prob havent seen enough of his movies,i only saw Good Will Hunting a few days.

I like him in interviews aswell but his ADHD can be very obvious in some,he can be a bit too loud and too much at times.
there was one i remember where he was jumping about and being very loud,then he sat down and looked so sad-like he hadnt been able to controll himself.

Great example of the childlikeness that i love about him at 1:16 and 2:00

I loved the crazy ones,i think its was just trying to find its feet the first season.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
It's not unusual for creative types to suffer from depression.
It's not unusual for comedians to be majorly screwed up. I'm not sure why, but many of them seem to have issues, prior to becoming famous.

I enjoyed most of his films and that's more than I can say about any other comedian.

Among several great family movies, I also own Insomnia (2002) on DVD.

I hate him for dying so early.

I hate that Robin Williams committed suicide. Not because it's sad, but because I think he did the world a disservice by doing it. And not because it means he's no longer in the world.... I hate that he did it because it makes things look hopeless in a way. If someone like Robin Williams, who is supposed to be so happy and joyous and cheerful, can kill himself, what hope do the rest of us have? He really wrecked his life story and his legacy by killing himself, but at the same time, it's strangely interesting.
It is not uncommon for comedians to struggle with depression

Robin Williams and the link between comedy and depression
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...w4V_BQ&cad=rja