Biutiful - A Film by Alejandro González Iñárritu

Tools    

From Wikipedia:

The film follows the story of a man involved in illegal activity who is confronted by an old childhood friend, who is now a police officer.

Iñárritu's a bastard, but he's good at what he does. The beginning made it look uncannily 21 Grams-ish, but the end changed it up with more violence and cops and junk. Okay. I can roll with that.

Why are they walking on a snowy cliff?

Also, I'm glad Arriaga quit collaborating with this *******. We'll see how he fairs on his own.

(repost bump)

I thought the voice over was a little cheesy, but the film looks intriguing.

Iñárritu is a bit self-important, or so it seems. Sometimes I get the feeling that he believes he's smarter than he actually is.

He's an *******. His aesthetic is pretty unimpressive generally. High contrast and extreme close-ups focusing on imperfections in the skin. I like how he decided to vary it a bit with the Japan sequences in Babel, but this looks like the same old stuff. Yeah, I like Bardem too. Arriaga is probably one of the greatest screenwriters who ever lived so his "falling out" with him might be a huge blow to his percieved "genius".

He's an *******. His aesthetic is pretty unimpressive generally. High contrast and extreme close-ups focusing on imperfections in the skin. I like how he decided to vary it a bit with the Japan sequences in Babel, but this looks like the same old stuff. Yeah, I like Bardem too. Arriaga is probably one of the greatest screenwriters who ever lived so his "falling out" with him might be a huge blow to his percieved "genius".

It's a bit early in Arriaga's career to be saying he's of the greatest screenwriters who ever lived! He's made a good start tho

Meh. I guess. I don't know anything about screenwriters.