who should be the new James Bond?

Tools    

I'd be happy with a new Austin Powers, 007 had a good run and I think the whole concept is very tiresome. Comedy has been beaten to a pulp so maybe it would have to be a dramady.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Austin Powers franchise revived either, but, off the top of my head, can't think of who could be in the role created by Mike Meyers? Don't even really see why Meyers couldn't do it himself, with the possible exception of his reputation of being very difficult to work with.

The truth is in here
Wow. This thread is so old that Daniel Craig hadn't even become Bond yet. Crazy.

Just realized he had the longest consecutive run as well, but Roger Moore appeared in more movies. Although if you want to get technical Sean Connery wins, even though his last portrayal arrived after the Moore era was nearly over.

Humm, an 'insider' at the Eon production company has said there is no truth to the Aaron Taylor Johnson rumours...

I still have my bet on Jacob Elordi:

The same rumor said something about it filming this year, which seems implausible, which in turn makes me think none of it is true (or at least not confirmed).

I don't know if this is true or not either, but I don't think this would be a good choice. He seems like he would be more of a hipster Bond. It would be a totally different tone than the character has had before. But, they do appear to want to move away from the aggressive, womanizing, hard drinking, more downbeat tone, and he may be a good choice to bring more of a humorous spin to Bond that may also attract a younger demographic. To me, he has lacked the gravitas that the character needs to have based on previous roles.

I've read in several articles that Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been given a contract. The producers are reportedly waiting for him to sign it. OTOH it could all be untrue.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-68601151
That rumour has been going on for days, if not weeks; so far there has been no comment from the franchise producers.

So, that could mean whatever.