What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

Originally Posted by linespalsy
Land of the Dead.... sucked.
why didnt you like land of the dead? did you like the original trilogy

Never saw Day, loved Night and Dawn (been years since I've seen them though, so can't say what I think of them now - but you forgot to mention my personal fave, the phony sequel Return of the Living Dead). Anywho, both Night and Dawn are smart and original b-movies. Notwithout faults but they (particularly the first one) are basically good movies with bad production values. Land on the other hand is just a completely mediocre film -- full of cinematic cliches, annoyingly didactic, roughly at the level of what you might see on a made-for-tv-movie on the sci fi chanel. Not even Dennis Hopper could save this movie.

Shark Boy and Lava Girl on the other hand might just be the most fun I've had in a cinema ever!

"I can't help it..."
War Of The Worlds; a damn fine piece of cinema.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Batman begins. I agree with Monkeypunch, not quite there humour wise.

Neutral Milk Hotel
War of the Worlds
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

And this is my BOOMstick!
War of the Worlds

The Pacifier, I loved it! It was the cutest movie. Unfortunately I haven't been able to afford the movies recently. (8.00 a person, ack!) I noticed like everyone watched War of the worlds or Batman... to be honest, I could care less about watching batman. Why support a movie that should of ended years ago before they made 50 more of them with different actors. War of the Worlds I really want to see.

He/She did add, "Unfortunately I haven't been able to afford the movies recently". So I doubt it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by StormSiren
Why support a movie that should of ended years ago before they made 50 more of them with different actors.
To be fair, this has nothing to do with the prior attempts to translate the Dark Knight to film. This is a completely fresh realization, and the best. It's a very good film, superhero or no superhero.

Originally Posted by susan
war of the worlds...i expected a lot more than what i got...not a bad film really, but i still prefer the 1953 original with gene barry...
Really??? Why?

Originally Posted by StormSiren
I noticed like everyone watched War of the worlds or Batman... to be honest, I could care less about watching batman. Why support a movie that should of ended years ago before they made 50 more of them with different actors.
Should at least see it on DVD it is the best yet.