MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Tools    

Holy crap! His average is over .640 !!! Miggy Bowyer right thar'!

5 games in, what position you play Tim?
Centerfield and some left. I'm also the player-manager.

Also, I finally cut ties with Smyly after his less than sterling outing in Coors Field. His problem is primarily that he's given up a ton of homers, which should improve, but his second biggest problem is that he pitches in the AL East (and not on the Red Sox, O's, or Jays) and that's not going to change or help with the homers anytime soon.

Worth adding: his third biggest problem might be that he's just not very good and I refuse to recognize it. We'll see. Anyway, I picked up Taillon. He can't be worse than Smyly, right?

Smyly suffered some type of tear last year that if he got surgery for would have ended his season. He opted to rest instead. Well he started out strong this year, but fizzled fast & hard. I truly believe its related to that. The best pitcher we have right now is Matt Moore, and I dropped him before the Baltimore game, of course he had his best start ever against them then , but you dont see me even dropping Adam Conley to get him back right now.

Ive never seen the Rays lower in energy than right now. Weve lost 25 out of the last 30 games, and the main reason is our overall pitching, starters and bullpen. Thats always been Tampas foundation, and without it were in a sinkhole.

Yeah, if Hanley Ramirez and Miguel Cabrera would stop dragging their ass on the carpet like a couple of dogs with worms...

Let me show you these 2 coffin nails my team found today...

Tue, Jul 19
Indians manager Terry Francona said Tuesday that Michael Brantley is feeling discomfort again in his surgically-repaired right shoulder. Brantley feels it at the end of his swing, which is obviously a serious problem. The outfielder will undergo an enhanced image exam on Wednesday as the Indians try to gather more information about this latest setback. Brantley has been limited to 11 major league games this season and probably won't be returning anytime soon.

Tue, Jul 19
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Clayton Kershaw (back) "didn't feel great" after throwing a simulated game this weekend and has been shut down indefinitely.

Let me show you these 2 coffin nails my team found today...

Tue, Jul 19
Indians manager Terry Francona said Tuesday that Michael Brantley is feeling discomfort again in his surgically-repaired right shoulder. Brantley feels it at the end of his swing, which is obviously a serious problem. The outfielder will undergo an enhanced image exam on Wednesday as the Indians try to gather more information about this latest setback. Brantley has been limited to 11 major league games this season and probably won't be returning anytime soon.
Making me feel better that I was able to get rid of him.

Making me feel better that I was able to get rid of him.
Im...glad that you feel better. meh. I was taking a gamble and it didnt pay off. Hopefully with Pearce back and some other additions Ill still move forward. I mean its only Brantley & Kersh...oh the hell with it

A system of cells interlinked
More nights like last night, please!

Of course after I just got done decrying the Rays pitching, Blake Snell put in his second quality start in a row, but this time he did it @ Colorado blanking the Rockies for 6 innings and striking out 9.
I think Ill take a chance on him

More nights like last night, please!
Geeze, yeah, that's about as perfect as one day could be. See why you gained 6 points.

So, yesterday I caved and bought a really nice new glove. I agonized over it a bit, because it was pretty expensive, but I'm playing about 50 softball games a year, in addition to a few dozen practices, and a good glove can last 5-10 years or more. So if I take care of it, I'll get an awful lot of use out of it.

Should be here tomorrow. Nice timing, because the glove I bought a couple of years ago, which has already started to bust open, broke a little more at practice yesterday. Should be fine for a bit longer, which is good because nice gloves tend to be thick/heavy and need a fair bit of time to break in.

I'm sure all forms of webbing are fine, but I really prefer "basket web," without any see-through. Maybe it's based on those times, like twice a year during the MLB season, where a line drive goes through the webbing of someone's glove. Not really a possibility with softball, but still. Less for fingers to get caught on.

A system of cells interlinked
Of course after I just got done decrying the Rays pitching, Blake Snell put in his second quality start in a row, but this time he did it @ Colorado blanking the Rockies for 6 innings and striking out 9.
I think Ill take a chance on him
Considering he's another mid-tier AL East pitcher, I would rate this move, on the "is this a good idea" scale of 1-10 around the same as I would rate this:

LOL! It may be. When Im 9th place though and dont really seem to be going anywhere far from it the homer urges are easier to succumb to. Hey, hes a top prospect thats getting into a scarey good groove. He blanked the Rockies in Colorado and struck out 9 in 6 innings, and that ballpark is more deadly than an AL East matchup. So Ill take a shot.

Hanley Ramirez's bats been kinda cold, so I benched him tonight, and he hit 3 home runs. So this never happens again, I will no longer have a bench.

That is all.

Well yall get your waiver claims ready cause Im gonna go full-TONGO tomorrow morning. 3 home run day on my bench.... aw hell naw!