A silly stupid, and rather pointless movie trivia question :)

Tools    

simple and too the point

Why do do movie covers/posters invert the names of the actors/actressess that are pictured?

I think Jeava meant why Thornton and Berry are listed in that order, but pictured in an opposite order.

Who knows? Maybe it's an ego thing.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

How and where an actor's name appears in advertising is in their contract, very specifically determined. Since Billy Bob was the Oscar winner coming in and the biggest name, it would have been in his agreement that he get first billing in all promotional materials.

As for why the images are sometimes different than the billing, well, because that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Since most people aren't morons, they would probably be able to figure out that while the name "Billy Bob Thornton" appears directly over the image of actor Heath Ledger, that doesn't mean they are directly linked to each other like subtitles.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

BANNED
yeah what holden said..and also ur looking way too closely into things if that caught ur eye and bothered you..

Yeah, I have wondered about why they didn't just put the actors name above their picture. Kind of bugged me too, because sometimes I wasn't sure which actor was who.

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Jeava
Why do do movie covers/posters invert the names of the actors/actressess that are pictured?
Funnyly i've always wondered that myself
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

BANNED
I retract my earlier statement about people noticin these things..coz i am begenining to realize that its true