What movie were you hyped to see, and then hated it after you saw it?

Tools    

Resident Evil, but i guess i was expecting it to be as good as the game, which was impossible to do

Identity
I know what your thinking, did he fire 6 shots or only 5? Well, in all this mess I kind of lost track myself, but seeing that this is a .44 magnum, the most pwerful handgun in the world and could shoot your head clean off, you gotta ask yourself do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk? - Dirty Harry

BANNED
Originally Posted by Sickman
Yeah, I have the book sitting in my room, I have no idea where it came from, I know I didn't buy it. Maybe someone gave it to my, I don't really remember. I guess I should read it.

PCP

A.)Read the book thats jusst sitting around coz god put it there for you.
B.) how much for that pcp?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums

Come on!!! It could've been:

BANNED
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe

Come on!!! It could've been:

i dont get it

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
LXG comes from the brilliant League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel. It could've been like the graphic novel....

BANNED
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
LXG comes from the brilliant League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel. It could've been like the graphic novel....
AHHHH!!!! I get it!!!!!!

A system of cells interlinked
I've seen the first two, and I might rent the third one when it comes to DVD, but the movies just weren't any good. The first one was boring, and it had no ending (I know it's a trilogy... shut up). The second one was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was basically just one big fight scene. I kept falling asleep at the theater when I saw it.

I think the Lord of the Rings movies are sins against all things artistic. Sorry.
Really, as far as film making goes, these are pinnacle. I mean, really, what could be improved? Certainly not the effects. The cast is amazing across the board, all super talented. The story is tried and true and flows along nicely. I give to you that the second film had some minor pacing problems (rectified in the extended edition) but to say it's the worst film ever, just comes across as foolish to me. I mean you can say it's the worst subject matter, or you don't like the subject matter, or you don't like fantasy. But to say Two Towers is the worst movie ever, means to me that you like films like Dungeons and Dragons better as fantasy. That is basically what your saying. That the film making skills in every film ever made are better than the skills used in LotR.

And that is just ridiculous...

One big battle scene? Did you see the film? I think you really did just fall asleep in the theatre, because the battle takes up a very small portion of the film in comparison to it's full length.'

Your "Sins against all things artistic" makes no sense at all. How is LotR a sin against "Starry Night" or "The Hallucinogenic Torrador"?

If you have specific problems with the production/direction/performances in these films, then state as much so there can be a discussion about the issues. Blanket statements of worst ever, or sins against art really just don't convey any sort of idea at all. It's just some random complaint without a referent.

No offense, but blanket statements get my blood boiling

BANNED
Originally Posted by Sedai
Really, as far as film making goes, these are pinnacle. I mean, really, what could be improved? Certainly not the effects. The cast is amazing across the board, all super talented. The story is tried and true and flows along nicely. I give to you that the second film had some minor pacing problems (rectified in the extended edition) but to say it's the worst film ever, just comes across as foolish to me. I mean you can say it's the worst subject matter, or you don't like the subject matter, or you don't like fantasy. But to say Two Towers is the worst movie ever, means to me that you like films like Dungeons and Dragons better as fantasy. That is basically what your saying. That the film making skills in every film ever made are better than the skills used in LotR.

And that is just ridiculous...

One big battle scene? Did you see the film? I think you really did just fall asleep in the theatre, because the battle takes up a very small portion of the film in comparison to it's full length.'

Your "Sins against all things artistic" makes no sense at all. How is LotR a sin against "Starry Night" or "The Hallucinogenic Torrador"?

If you have specific problems with the production/direction/performances in these films, then state as much so there can be a discussion about the issues. Blanket statements of worst ever, or sins against art really just don't convey any sort of idea at all. It's just some random complaint without a referent.

Well said and nicely orded.....Sickman..theres a difference between notr liking the movies and thining they are non artistic...there alot of people who dont like the movie who do aDMIT theat they are very artistic and well madfe movie its just that they arent into those kinda movies

If you have specific problems with the production/direction/performances in these films, then state as much so there can be a discussion about the issues.
It was boring, simple as that. I don't know enough about production/direction/etc. to tell you what it specifically is, but when a movie puts me to sleep it's pretty bad. And I don't care how good the effects are, how many unique and stunning shots are in it, whatever... if it doesn't hold my attention then it's not a good film to me, simple as that. If you liked it great, movies are like music, both are 100% subjective.

And about the "sins against all things artistic" statement, I was quoting a friend (about someting else...). I thought it sounded cool, I don't really think that.

It's pretty bad when someone from the internet gets your blood boiling. Maybe see your doctor? You might have trouble with anger managment.

BANNED
It was boring, simple as that. I don't know enough about production/direction/etc. to tell you what it specifically is, but when a movie puts me to sleep it's pretty bad. And I don't care how good the effects are, how many unique and stunning shots are in it, whatever... if it doesn't hold my attention then it's not a good film to me, simple as that. If you liked it great, movies are like music, both are 100% subjective.

And about the "sins against all things artistic" statement, I was quoting a friend (about someting else...). I thought it sounded cool, I don't really think that.

It's pretty bad when someone from the internet gets your blood boiling. Maybe see your doctor? You might have trouble with anger managment.
your a cool guy.. NOT
lmao

woof! I'm a gore hound.
Lord of the rings films are well made.

They are also boring if you are not a fan of fantasy fiction. Which i'm not.

Elves just don't get my blood pumping.

They are well made tho. I have tried reading the books and again it couldn't keep me gripped because I don't like fantasy books.

Same problem with terry prattchett. Just can't stick with it.

Love stephen king tho. Books and films. (and some of the crapper films just because they are crap and they still need luvving)

- NIN-Hurt

Hehe touche' man

You got me there, my blood wasn't really boiling. Also understand that I respect the fact that you didn't like it, but was a bit taken aback with the fact that you called it the worst movie ever. To me it's just such an accomplishment in film making that some of your statements seemed a little extreme. I agree that movies and music are subjective, but have you ever thought "Man I can see how this music is well performed and intense and well produced, but I just don't like it"?

I know I have. For instance with something like super aggressive thrash metal, or a barbershop quartet. I can tell it takes talent and that it's good art, but I don't like it. I mean your first message and you second take two very different stances, where in the second post you state your opinion about the films, which are totally correct, as they are your opinions, whereas the first post stated the movie had no artistic value at all.

Anyway, sorry if I come across like an overbearing ass, it's probably because I am an overbearing ass sometime

So...

Welcome to Mofo and I hope we can have some good discussions in the future

Originally Posted by Hypher
Lord of the rings films are well made.

They are also boring if you are not a fan of fantasy fiction. Which i'm not.

Elves just don't get my blood pumping.

They are well made tho. I have tried reading the books and again it couldn't keep me gripped because I don't like fantasy books.

Same problem with terry prattchett. Just can't stick with it.

Love stephen king tho. Books and films. (and some of the crapper films just because they are crap and they still need luvving)
Right on dude, I totally understand and would see why someone who didn't like fantasy wouldn't like these extremely LONG films about subject matter they didn't care for. This is basically the point I was making. I mean millions love the grateful dead, and I just can't get into them at all.

Cheers to all and MERRY CHRISTMAS

you called it the worst movie ever.
I never said that.

Originally Posted by SPIDEI2_MAN__
your a cool guy.. NOT
I care so much what you think about me, I'm hurt. Really.

BANNED
I care so much what you think about me, I'm hurt. Really.
glad to hear it..

House of 1000 Corpses.
I was dying to see HoTC, but it was completely a failure. Nothing but mixture of all horror cliché's...

The movie I wanted to see but turned out terrible was The House of the Dead. I loved the video game and it looked great but it was a complete failure.