The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

Well if you Ask my kids they will say we love to have 100 more part of spider , but For me i really enjoyed I & II Part but third one make me Feel Really bad . and for me maybe that was end of the spider

This movie is awaiting its release come 2011. Tobey Maguire is returning as your friendly neighbourhood Spider Man, Kristen Dunst is also back as MJ Watson and Sam Raimi is directing.

There are a lot of avenues for yet another Spider Man movie. Lots of characters and villains are yet to be added and/or introduced in the film franchise. All first three films rocked big time except maybe for the second. I personally didn’t like the second film but it was still ayt..

Now that there’s a fourth one coming up, I don’t know how the filmmakers will keep it all interesting for moviegoers. Some of the villains that had been suggested are the following: The Lizard, Sinister Six, Vulture, Electro, Carnage, and Kraven the Hunter. Interesting list.. Wonder how they’ll play it..

On a different note, I wonder how the takeover of Disney over Marvel will play in the production of the film... Sheesh.

Are you guys by any chance anticipating the next Spidey movie or have you got tired of it? Who would you want to be the villain in the next film? Discuss your thoughts here..

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Hey Zed, who drew that picture? I love the smaller Spidey.

'Spider-Man 4' Updates: Kirsten Dunst Confirmed & Same-Day IMAX Release

In addition to confirming the involvement of the previously announced Raimi and Maguire, Columbia notes that actress Kirsten Dunst is officially reprising her role as Mary Jane Watson, whose future with the "Spider-Man" property was previously uncertain.

Additionally, Columbia announced that Spider-Man 4 will hit IMAX theaters on May 5, 2011, the same date as the film's worldwide release.

"The last two 'Spider-Man' releases have been available in IMAX theaters, and we're very much looking forward to our return to a wider IMAX theatre network with this exciting new chapter in the continuing adventures of Spider-Man," said Rory Bruer, President, Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures Releasing. "The addition of so many new IMAX locations will give even more fans of Spider-Man an opportunity to experience the action and adventure in a unique way."

Previously, Sony Pictures heads Amy Pascal and Michael Lynton mentioned that Spider-Man 4 might film in 3-D, citing James Cameron's Avatar as a potential game-changer in the movie scene. While official word of the movie's 3-D component remains to be heard, it's at least a comfort that Spidey will be swinging in IMAX theaters -- even if that was probably a given before this announcement, anyway.

Still, between this news and the prospect of a bigger role for Bruce Campbell, Spider-Man 4 is shaping up to be a pretty exciting film.

Source: MTV

Sam Raimi talks Spider-Man 4 villains

It doesn’t take a person with high intelligence to work out that Spider-Man 4 director Sam Raimi won’t be revealing any important plot points or possible villains at this stage in the game, but Splash Page tried to get something out of him, and while he didn’t let anything out (as expected) he did talk about the thought process behind choosing the next villain.

“I love the Lizard,” said Raimi. “There’s a great story there in the Marvel comic books about Dr. Connors. I’m less familiar with Carnage.”

Raimi then took a long pause. “I’m not allowed to say at this point,” he confessed.

“What we’re trying to do right now is really understand the journey Peter is going to go on this time and have the villain maybe be a counter to that growth, something that he has to overcome,” Raimi said. “Or maybe he has to grow in a way to overcome the villain, because there always seem to be stories of coming of age, of a young man growing up and learning things about life, so once we are identifying the exact movement that Peter has to grow to, I think the villain—and we’re trying this right now; we’re trying to choose a villain based on who would be the proper counter to that growth, so we really have dramatic conflict.”
Source: Filmonic

Sam Raimi going ‘back to basics’ with Spider-Man 4, talks 5 & 6

Sam Raimi has been interviewed quite a lot recently and earlier this week he was talking about possible villains for Spider-Man 4. Coventry Blog has a quote from him saying that he agrees that there were too many villains in Spider-Man 3, and that he learned ‘limitations’ while filming Drag Me To Hell which he hopes to bring to Spider-Man 4:

Asked about complaints that there were too many villains in Spider-Man 3, he said: “I think having so many villains detracted from the experience. I would agree with the criticism.”

Raimi added that he had learned some new lessons and storytelling tricks from his last film, Drag Me to Hell. “I think I’ve learned about the importance of getting to the point and the importance of having limitations, and I’m hoping to take that into a production where I’m actually allowed to explore with more of the tools to pull it off with a little more splendor.

“I hope I don’t lose that edge that I’ve just found. That would be my approach to ‘Spider-Man 4′: to get back to the basics.”
Raimi was also asked by MTV whether he would return to direct Spider-Man 5 and 6 which are currently being written by James Vanderbilt:

“Every time I make one of the ‘Spider-Man’ movies, I have to ask myself, is the character still intriguing to me?” Raimi told MTV News. “Do I love the character? Am I dying to tell the next story of Peter Parker and Spider-Man?”

“And so far the answer has been yes,” he said.

“If ever I feel sated, like I’ve got no more to say or I’m not really super-excited about it,” Raimi continued, “because I know I’ll also love it, but I’ve got to be super-excited about it. If I can’t reach that level of commitment and excitement, I think then there’d be somebody else better to do justice to the story.”

“You have to ask me in two-and-half years,” he laughed.
If Raimi decides to return in a few years there is always the question of whether Tobey Maguire will. Does he want to make 6 Spider-Man movies? If not there has been talk that 5 and 6 would reboot the franchise and another actor would come on-board as Peter Parker.

Source: Filmonic

I go to I Watch Stuff.com for my updates and they had this to say about Rami's latest comments:

Though still refusing to describe Spider-Man 3 as a "bullsh*t clusterf*ck" (the only truly accurate way to describe it), director Sam Raimi admitted to the Coventry Telegraph that some of the criticism of his superhero film might have been accurate.

Lol.

Is The Lizard Spider-Man 4’s Only Villain?

Less than a week ago, Dylan Baker confirmed that he’d be returning as Dr. Curt Connors in Spider-Man 4. At the time, he said he’d be regulated to a small background role similar to his appearances in the last two Spidey films.

Now, comes an insider report from Jim over at Market Saw who’s saying that The Lizard may not only be in Spider-Man 4, but that he’d be the only villain of the movie. This of course would bring the franchise back to its one-villain roots as utilized in the first two movies of the series.

Sam Raimi did say that he loves The Lizard

The info allegedly comes from a reliable inside source, but we know that the script is still being worked on by Gary Ross.

If true, this wouldn’t be unexpected as the franchise so far has made plenty of effort in tying each film to its predecessors and Raimi made sure to include Dr. Curt Connors in the last two movies.

Three villains, as we saw awfully featured in Spider-Man 3 is simply too much, but as we’ve seen in other comic book films, two can work nice if done right. So, whether that means The Lizard is the featured super villain or a secondary one, don’t be surprised to see Dylan Baker grow some scales in Spider-Man 4.

Remember though, this next Spider-Man adventure may be the last time we see Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker and Sam Raimi helming behind the camera. With that in mind, is Dylan Baker’s Lizard really the last villain we see Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man duke it out with? Is that an epic enough conclusion to their Spider-Man franchise which may continue with a Spider-Man 5 & 6 starring different actors and helmed by a different director?

Spider-Man 4 is scheduled for an early March production start and will hit theaters May 6, 2011.

Source: Screenrant

Spidey 4 rumors continue.....

Spider-Man 4 Villain Is…Black Cat?

The past couple of weeks have been filled with a ton of Spider-Man talk with the majority of the chatter being focused on which villain fans can look forward to seeing our favorite web-slinger battle in Spider-man 4. Well, the speculation can subside (for the time being) as the folks over at Mania.com have heard from “reliable sources” that Sam Raimi is in the midst of casting the villains for the next installment of the Spider-Man franchise.

Some of the possibilities that we’ve heard were Bruce Campbell as Mysterio, Dr. Connors (Dylan Baker) as The Lizard and the possibility of William Defoe returning as Green Goblin.

With Sam Raimi receiving complete control over Spider-Man 4 (unlike Spider-Man 3) he has decided to go in a complete different direction than what was previously discussed and has allegedly chosen the formidable Felicia Hardy, known the fans around the world as the skilled cat burglar Black Cat as one of the villains for Spider-Man 4.

Not only is Mania.com revealing that Black Cat is one of the villains, but it appears that they also have a major Hollywood actress as one of the top contenders for the role. Who is said actress? Well, Betty White fans may be disappointed that the Golden Girl star has been passed up, but hopefully the Time Travelers Wife, The Notebook and the upcoming Sherlock Holmes actress, Rachel McAdams, will be a suitable replacement.

Why Black Cat you ask? Well Black Cat and conversely Felicia Hardy fit perfect into the formula that Raimi uses when choosing his Spider-Man villains: they must not only pose a threat to Spider-Man alone, but must also be entwined with Peter Parker’s life. Fans of the comic series will remember that Black Cat has spent some time not only as girlfriend to the friendly neighborhood arachnoid, but also changing from a villain to an ally.

With Raimi selecting Black Cat as villain number one and looking for someone intertwined in Spider-Man/Peter Parker’s live, does this mean Dylan Baker will get to spend some additional time in the make-up chair as Dr. Connors transforms into Lizard?

While reports seem to indicate that this will be a two-villain movie, sources are saying that Dr. Connors will not be appearing as Lizard because they’re currently casting a male for the other villain role, and since Dylan Baker has been cast since the second movie, Lizard is out of the running (confirming what Baker had previous stated).

Source: Screenrant

I really want to see another Spiderman movie, but only because the third one was so bad I feel like I need a great one to revamp the tainted image of spidey .

Will Spider-Man 4 Feature Peter and Mary Jane's Baby?

If a new casting breakdown is any indicator, we might see some Spidey offspring in the upcoming sequel. Spoiler TV has posted a casting breakdown for Spider-Man 4 that could possibly be for the child of Tobey McGuire's Peter Parker and Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane Watson.

2 or 3 year old boy to play 2 year old, Caucasian with RED HAIR, an adorable toddler with an engaging personality, on set experience preferred. IDENTICAL TWINS ONLY
Of course, this could be for a much different character in the film, but the emphasis on the red hair of the child is intriguing. Nothing has been confirmed by the studio as of yet.

Spider-Man 4 will go before cameras in March of 2010 for a May 5, 2011 release.

Source: Movieweb

So I take it that Mysterio would be a campy villain? The Lizard seems like a step backwards, since we had a guy made of sand, and an alien symbiote, in the previous installment. The Goblin, really? That's original. IMO, aside from the importance to the Spidey mythos, the Goblin is the goofiest and weakest of the villians. It seems they're running out of viable, well-known villains that could raise the bar. They should never have shoe-horned Venom in the third one, it was a waste.

...uh the post is up there...

rachel mcadams won't be the blackcat!!! but that doesn't mean there won't be a blackcat!

Spider-Man 4 Put on Indefinite Hold

It seems that our favorite web-slinger won't be slinging any webs on the big screen anytime soon. IESB.net is reporting that production on Spider-Man 4 has been put on hold.

It seems that the studio and director Sam Raimi are at odds over who should be the villain in the film. Here's an excerpt from the sites' article:
Raimi is pushing hard for the Vulture to be the big baddie, something he also pushed for in the third film to star alongside the Sandman but didn't get and we all know how that one turned out. Vulture was to do his evil deeds alongside the new Goblin and Sandman. A single concept art sketch can be seen in "The Art of Spider-Man 3" book. Vulture and Flint Marko would have been cellmates who escaped together, with Vulture pressuring the more passive Marko into committing crimes.

On the flip side, who does the studio want to be the villain? Our source says they seem to only be interested in featuring which ever character is selling books right now but basically they have no idea, just not the Vulture.
The site also reported that many of the department heads working on the film were told of the production halt last Thursday, and also that the film is being referred to as Spider-M4n around the office.

Click here for the site's full article on Spiderman 4 (or shall we say Spider-M4n).

Source: Movieweb

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't think the studio 'doesn't care' who the villain is and just want the one that is selling the books. Seems a bit one sided.

Also, calling it Spider-M4n is lame.

Suspect's Reviews

Exclusive: Spider-Man 4 is NOT in Trouble!

Just yesterday, IESB reported a rumor that Spider-Man 4 "has been been placed on indefinite hold."

The site continued by saying that "several department heads working on the Spider-M4n production were notified of the halt last Thursday. Spidey and friends have some issues that need to be dealt with before production can move forward once again."

Studio sources tells us this is not true. They are simply on hiatus for the holidays and production will resume in the new year. This is a very common practice on films, and not really surprising.

The fourth installment is scheduled for a release in conventional and IMAX theaters on May 5, 2011.

Source: ComingSoon.net