All About Him Song Tournament

Tools    

all about him

SONG TOURNAMENT

RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT! MUST READ!

-THERE IS NO DROPPING OUT! ONCE YOU'RE IN, YOU'RE STUCK UNTIL THE VERY END. IF YOU INSIST ON DROPPING OUT, YOU WILL BE BARRED FROM JOINING MY NEXT TOURNEY

-SONGS FROM ANY YEAR, GENRE, OR COUNTRY ARE WELCOME
-YOU MUST NOMINATE AT LEAST 8 SONGS (ADDITIONAL NOMINATIONS MAY BE PERMITTED DEPENDING ON THE PLAYER TURNOUT)
-YOU MAY EDIT YOUR LIST UNTIL NOMINATIONS CLOSE, BUT PLEASE INFORM ME IF YOU DO
-YOU MUST PROVIDE A LINK TO EACH SONG (YOUTUBE PREFERRED)
-WHEN VOTING, YOU MUST HAVE LISTENED TO BOTH SONGS

-YOU MUST VOTE ON EACH MATCH FOR EVERY ROUND/DAY. NO SKIPPING!
-NO SWITCHING VOTES! ONCE VOTES ARE MADE, THEY ARE LOCKED!
-OUT OF COURTESY FOR OTHER PLAYERS, PLEASE BE QUICK WITH THE VOTING PROCESS
-THE VOTING WINDOW WILL BE OPEN FOR ONLY 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME THE ROUND/DAY IS POSTED. BEYOND THAT POINT, THE HOST HAS THE RIGHT TO SEEK TIE-BREAKERS. ALL OTHER MATCHES WILL BE DETERMINED AT THE 24 HOUR MARK
-ALL ABOUT HIM SONG TOURNAMENT WILL CONSIST OF SONGS THAT ARE ABOUT THE MALE GENDER. FOR EXAMPLE, THE SONGS CAN BE ABOUT MAN ISSUES, AN AFFECTION (BOTH POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE) TOWARDS A MAN, A PARTICULAR MAN (BOTH FICTIONAL AND REAL).

THE PLAYERS
mojofilter
cricket
Sexy Celebrity
Destiny
gbgoodies

THE LISTS

mojofilter
1-Sheryl Crow - Strong Enough
1-Go West - King of Wishful Thinking
1-Genesis - No Son of Mine
1-Salt 'N Pepa & En Vogue - Whatta Man
1-John Lennon - Jealous Guy
1-Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
1-Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
1-Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
1-TLC - No Scrubs
1-Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory
1-Chesney Hawkes - The One and Only
1-Duran Duran - Wild Boys
1-Kid Rock - Cowboy
1-Janet Jackson - Nasty
1-Sade - Smooth Operator
1-R. Kelly - The World's Greatest

cricket

2-Janis Joplin-Me and Bobby McGee
2-Lynyrd Skyryd-The Ballad of Curtis Loew
2-Everclear-Father of Mine
2-The Grateful Dead-Casey Jones
2-Jim Croce-You Don't Mess Around With Jim
2-Boz Scaggs-Lido Shuffle
2-Sublime-Date Rape
2-The Eagles-New Kid in Town
2-Linda Ronstadt-You're No Good
2-Heart-Magic Man
2-Bob Seger-Beautiful Loser
2-The Rolling Stones-Street Fighting Man
2-The Doors-Back Door Man
2-Motley Crue-Dr. Feelgood
2-Kiss-Doctor Love
2-The Allman Brothers-No One Left to Run With

Sexy Celebrity
3-
Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
3-Aerosmith - Dude Looks Like a Lady
3-Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - Walk Like a Man
3-The Ad Libs - The Boy from New York City
3-The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
3-Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
3-Village People - Macho Man
3-Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
3-The Chordettes - Mr. Sandman
3-Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man
3-Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
3-Ray Conniff Singers - Santa Claus is Coming to Town
3-The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
3-The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
3-The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man
3-Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride

Destiny
4-Don Henley ~ New York Minute
4-Paula Abdul ~ Cold Hearted
4-The Proclaimers ~ I Would Walk 500 Miles!
4-The Monkees ~ I'm a Believer
4-Divinyls ~ Boys In Town
4-Loverboy ~ Lovin' Every Minute of It
4-Stereo Fuse ~ Super Hero
4-ZZ Top ~ Sharp Dressed Man
4-Loverboy ~ Turn Me Loose
4-Will Smith ~ Men in Black
4-Paul Simon ~ You Can Call Me Al
4-Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ Simple Man
4-Alisha ~ Do You Dream About Me?
4-The Jets ~ You Got it All
4-Ian Hunter ~ Good Man in a Bad Time

4-Percy Sledge ~ When a Man Loves a Woman

gbgoodies
5-
Boy Howdy - A Cowboy's Born With A Broken Heart
5-Brad Paisley - He Didn't Have To Be
5-George Strait - The Man In Love With You
5-Reba McEntire - The Greatest Man I Never Knew
5-Conway Twitty - That's My Job
5-George Strait - The Fireman
5-Eddie Rabbitt - American Boy
5-Mark Chestnutt - Bubba Shot the Jukebox
5-Doug Supernaw - I Don't Call Him Daddy
5-The Forester Sisters - Men
5-Collin Raye - Man of My Word
5-Joe Diffie - Pickup Man
5-Kenny Rogers - The Greatest
5-Gary Allen - Her Man
5-Neil Diamond - New York Boy
5-Hugh Jackman - Not The Boy Next Door

NOTE:
  • The ALL ABOUT HIM SONG TOURNAMENT will succeed the ALL ABOUT HER TOURNAMENT
  • NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED AS OF NOVEMBER 29
  • There are 5 total players competing, with a total of 80 songs
  • The song that gets the best of 5 votes (i.e. 3 votes or more), or the most votes within the span of ONE DAY (whichever comes first) wins the match in each round, and moves on to the next round
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Haha this will be harder for me but I'll work on my noms tomorrow.
Yeah, I knew a male version could happen, but figured it would be harder for people.

Post 10 noms for now. I'm sure we'll end up having around the same number of players in the ALL ABOUT HER tourney, and might even end up with additional noms

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm in, but I'll need a few days to figure out my noms. (I assume we have some time because the other tournament just started.)

I'm in, but I'll need a few days to figure out my noms. (I assume we have some time because the other tournament just started.)
Yes, we have plenty of time!

I've played it before (shhh, don't tell Cricket). It didn't win. But I like it.

What the hell, let's make it a minimum of 12 noms. I don't think a lot of people will join this. We'll add more noms when the time comes.

I am trying to decide if I should add songs with both a man and woman singer in them, or if we should also have an "All About Lovers" tourney. Opinions!?!

Before I decide on my noms, I have a question for those of you who usually vote against my noms, (and sadly, that's most of you ).

Some people (mostly Cricket, I think), have complained about the same songs being nominated over and over again. But outside of the type of music that most of you seem to hate, I pretty much only know the most common songs, that you have all heard thousands of times.

Would you prefer that I continue to nominate songs that you probably haven't heard before, but you'll probably hate, or should I try to find songs that you might like, but you've heard them way too many times, especially in these tournaments?

BTW, this question is for all future tournaments, not just for this one. (Also, I reserve the right to nominate whatever I like, even if it goes against your answers here, but I'd like to know your opinions before making my own decision.)

Well, I'll give an opinion, even though I do vote for a lot of your songs, and even though you didn't answer my question up above. mmhhhmmmm!!!

You should vote on songs that you love. Vote for songs that mean something to you. I'm choosing for myself. I suppose some people might try to go for super popular songs, in the hope that they win, but as far as I'm concerned, this should be about songs that mean the most to us personally.

Well, I'll give an opinion, even though I do vote for a lot of your songs, and even though you didn't answer my question up above. mmhhhmmmm!!!

You should vote on songs that you love. Vote for songs that mean something to you. I'm choosing for myself. I suppose some people might try to go for super popular songs, in the hope that they win, but as far as I'm concerned, this should be about songs that mean the most to us personally.

I always nominate (I assume that you meant nominate, not vote), songs that I love. I don't really care if my songs don't win, or even if they get voted out early. I just hate the idea that I might have to vote against my own noms, just because I chose songs that I don't love. If I vote against my own nom, it's because someone else also nominated a song that I love.

My concern is that if people hate my songs, they might be enjoying the song tournaments less because of my noms. So I just want to make sure that I'm not hurting other people's enjoyment of the tournaments by nominating songs that most people hate.

I am trying to decide if I should add songs with both a man and woman singer in them, or if we should also have an "All About Lovers" tourney. Opinions!?!
I didn't answer your question because I thought it was for Mojo because he's running these "Songs about Her" and "Songs about Him" tournaments.

IMO, it doesn't matter if the song is sung by a woman or a man. What matters is who is the subject of the song. If the song is about the man, then IMO it's a good nomination for the "Songs about Him" tournament, but if the song is more about the couple and/or their relationship, then it should be held for a different tournament where it's more appropriate.

However, keep in mind that I nominated songs that are specifically about a woman in the current song tournament, and most of my noms are already out, so you might want to find someone better to get advice from about this subject.

I always nominate (I assume that you meant nominate, not vote), songs that I love. I don't really care if my songs don't win, or even if they get voted out early. I just hate the idea that I might have to vote against my own noms, just because I chose songs that I don't love. If I vote against my own nom, it's because someone else also nominated a song that I love.

My concern is that if people hate my songs, they might be enjoying the song tournaments less because of my noms. So I just want to make sure that I'm not hurting other people's enjoyment of the tournaments by nominating songs that most people hate.
Ooops, yep, I meant nominate.

That's a very good reason why you shouldn't nominate songs you don't care for. Who wants to vote against a bunch of their own songs?!? Also, don't worry at all about what others think of your songs. No one should come into these things expecting to like and/or love every last song. I doubt, or at least hope no one does.

I didn't answer your question because I thought it was for Mojo because he's running these "Songs about Her" and "Songs about Him" tournaments.

IMO, it doesn't matter if the song is sung by a woman or a man. What matters is who is the subject of the song. If the song is about the man, then IMO it's a good nomination for the "Songs about Him" tournament, but if the song is more about the couple and/or their relationship, then it should be held for a different tournament where it's more appropriate.

However, keep in mind that I nominated songs that are specifically about a woman in the current song tournament, and most of my noms are already out, so you might want to find someone better to get advice from about this subject.
No, asking you is perfectly fine, because that's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe I'll even run it. If there's enough songs out there, that is. I just kept running into songs that had a man and a woman singing together. They were singing about their love for each other, etc . . . I almost did this in the woman's tourney, but decided against it, and now I'm seeing numerous more songs like that. I dunno about that tourney, but I will do what I did the last tourney, and make sure it's only about the one person.

Thanks!