American Wedding

→ in
Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
I just saw American Wedding and I gotta say its the funniest movie I have seen all year. Stiffler is the funniest of them all, but I predict the movie is going to be number one in this weekends box office.Yes half of the cast is missing but you still see this movie as part of the American Pie trilogy, its just as funny as the first two.

Do you know my poetry?
Stiffler role got bigger in each pie movie, in this one he is the co-star, he does a fantastic job in this movie. Stiffler has the funniest lines in this movie, jim was also great getting embarresed like always.And finch was also very funny competing with stiffler.I fell a bit bad for kevin, he didn't have many lines.Also characters come out from the recent fil such as , Michelle, Jims parents, and of course stifflers mom.There are also new characters like Caidence, michelle sister, michelle's parent, and and many more new characters, but the movie still works even though half the cast is missing.That stiffler, in the first he drank pee, in the second he got peed on, in this one something even worse happens to him lol.

Do you know my poetry?
If anybody see's American Wedding please tell me your opinion, I would love to hear what you thought of the movie.

Are You Feeling Good?
I saw American Wedding this weekend, and I must say I laughed my ass off despite it's flaws. I'm going to say what I thought of it, but while reading it, keep in mind that I really DID like the film... it's just easier to pick out what you didn't like.

1. Seann William Scott overacted Stiffler in this film. Instead of his normal 'bad boy' attitude, he was more like a 7 year old. Or perhaps someone mentally challenged. Granted I warmed up to his character quickly, but I still prefer Stiffler from 1 & 2 better.

2. The obvious absense of characters. I think the story could have at least had a line or two of explaining why they weren't around rather than deliberately ignoring it. What made the first two Pies great were the conflicting personalities of all the characters, and while this one did work without the not-so-important characters, it could have benefited from them greatly.

3. The direction and editing were absolutely awful. The shot composition just annoyed the hell out of me, specifically when Jim, Kevin, and Finch were in the bar, and Jim was talking - the camera was static and as Jim moved his head would start to get cut off, to the point where you could only see half his eyes... but on the other end of the spectrum you have the scene with him on the couch and you have two feet of head room. The editing wasn't quite as bad as the directing, but it was still a little annoying. The worst edit that I caught was when Stiffler was helping out picking flowers and he says a line, then the cut to another shot of him from a different angle about two feet to the left and he says another. It almost appeared as a jump-cut, it's real fast but inappropriate.

4. There was a serious lack of compassion for the characters in this one. It almost seemed that every 'shocking' scene that the Pies are known for were the basis of the film, and the wedding part was just something to get them to those points. Whereas the first two actually get involved in the character's life so that you connect with them, then feel twice as shocked when whatever happens.

5. This movie actually takes place in a non-existant year. This one is just something I happened to notice. It's not anything against the film. But the second film was made in 2001, right after their first year in college. Since they have all graduated college now, it's only been two years after their first year... so that would mean that the movie is technically based in 2004 if they all went to college for 4 years to get their degrees. I think if they had taken that one extra year to get some more of the people back and made this more of a party movie like the last two (since that's what weddings technically are, one big party) it could have been a 'great' film. But it just stands as a 'good' film in history now.

That's my mouthfull. Love me or hate me for it lol.
3. Punch-Drunk Love
4. American Beauty
5. Pulp Fiction
6. Godfather (trilogy)
7. One Flew Over the Coo Coo's Nest
8. Moulin Rouge
9. Magnolia
10. Night of the Living Dead
11. Goodfellas
12. About Schmidt
13. Matrix
14. L.A. Confidential
15. Carnival of Souls
16. From Dusk Til Dawn
17. Super Troopers
18. Snatch
19. Royal Tenenbaums
20. One Hour Photo

I See You When You're Sleeping
I thought it was great.

In fact I thought it was a really great ending to it's 'saga' and I hope they don't bring out anymore because it will tire after this. I expected to be really bored throughout the movie because I forgot how much fun it was to see the other one. That snobberish instinct takes in over the year and you denounce the movies to be cheap, immature wastes of time until you actually sit through it again and the infectious laughter takes hold.

It's a movie I wouldn't hurry to see again but that doesn't mean it's bad, it was just really good fun.

Originally Posted by Farleyfanatic
1. Seann William Scott overacted Stiffler in this film.
I just saw this flick last night, and I agree with you 110% on that line I quoted from you above. I actually laughed a whole lot in this movie, and I thought it was great for a 3rd film. Stiffler's lines were very funny, and well written as in the previous 2 films. But the acting was way overboard this time around. It almost seemed like a different actor at first. But like you, I warmed up to it by the end of the film. He definitely overacted this time around. Overall, I liked this movie a lot. Very funny stuff!

Do you know my poetry?
I think Seann William Scott should get an Academy Award for his performance here.He doesn't overact stiffler, In this one he's even funnier than ever, I loved all his lines.This is like Stiffler's Movie!

Do you know my poetry?
I'm serious when I say he deserves an Academy Award,I mean all the movies this year have no oscar contenders.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I think Seann William Scott should get an Academy Award for his performance here.He doesn't overact stiffler, In this one he's even funnier than ever, I loved all his lines.This is like Stiffler's Movie!
Actually I don't doubt that he's funnier than ever in this movie. He really was funny, and his lines were well written. I just think he could of acted a bit better. I think he acted a bit differently than 1 & 2, for better or worse. I just think he pushed it a little too much. Especially in the earlier scenes in the movie. But you are right, he stole this movie. His character is very funny. Later.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Fletch F Fletch
Actually I don't doubt that he's funnier than ever in this movie. He really was funny, and his lines were well written. I just think he could of acted a bit better. I think he acted a bit differently than 1 & 2, for better or worse. I just think he pushed it a little too much. Especially in the earlier scenes in the movie. But you are right, he stole this movie. His character is very funny. Later.
He did push the character too much but thats what I love about stiffler in this movie, he goes all the way, and he doesn't dissapoint.

I'm a huge,huge fan of the American Pie movie and went and saw it first session on the release date. It was very,very funny but it wasnt as good as the first two. I still like it a lot but there was some flawes with it.

Seann William Scott did over act at the start of the film but he soon eased into stiffler as the movie went along. I did miss the other characters from the first two, but to evolve into this story line it made sense. I still love this flick and I'm gonna see it for the 3rd time very soon.

I loved the end sequence with the MILF guys, that just put the icing on the cake.

Master Of My Destiny
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I just saw American Wedding and I gotta say its the funniest movie I have seen all year. Stiffler is the funniest of them all, but I predict the movie is going to be number one in this weekends box office.Yes half of the cast is missing but you still see this movie as part of the American Pie trilogy, its just as funny as the first two.
i saw american wedding the first day with my 2 gay freinds. it was awesome,i simply loved every minute of it. i couldn't stop laughing