Tryannosaur

→ in
Tools    

Princess of Power
Tyrannosaur

I picked this up after seeing the trailer from another film I had purchased. I knew from the outset that I was going to get a dark drama but what I received was something else. This film isn’t for the light hearted the language alone will put a lot of people off (I was going to show is this to mum but I won’t be now). The story follows Joseph, a drunk with a violent temper and Hannah, a Christian charity shop worker with an abusive husband and how their chance meeting changes each other’s lives.

It is a harrowing film, the violence is extreme but it seems to highlight the kindness and compassion in the friendship that gets created. It one of the few films that has dragged my emotions all over the place, from me despising the main character to making me so sad I cried. It’ll probably be a while before a watch this again, but it was worth it.

^ Colman's performance in the film is stunning, especially in one heartbreaking scene but overall I was slightly disappointed. An interesting debut film though. Filmed not so far away from me.

Still can't believe I haven't seen this yet. Will try and get around to watching it soon. Considine's a force to be reckoned with as an actor, so it'll be very interesting to see what directorial chops he brings.

Still can't believe I haven't seen this yet. Will try and get around to watching it soon. Considine's a force to be reckoned with as an actor, so it'll be very interesting to see what directorial chops he brings.
Same. I've had several opportunities to check it out, yet each time something comes up.

Every review I've read has endlessly praised Considine's vulnerable, volatile performance. It sounds a lot like a Raging Bull-esque performance to me. I'm willing to bet it's going to be great.

Forgot all about this film. Watched it again and my opinion hasn't changed. I hadn't seen Considine's similar short, but I knew that once he'd be being the camera, he'd make a very interesting director. Most good actors make great films, it's been proven.

Like She-Ra said, it's not an easy film to watch, particularly THAT scene (although the worst moment for me was Hannah describing how the piece of ****
WARNING: "Tyrannosaur spoilers" spoilers below
stuck glass in her and prevented her form having children ):

The friendship that develops between Joseph and Hannah is very beautiful, though. In what you would expect from a gritty realistic drama, theres something refreshingly unsappy about their scenes, in which, turn, makes them more sappy. I kept waiting for Joseph to fully lash out at he as Considine never denies that possibility, but somehow Hannah tames him. It's a beautiful film in that respect, despite all the horrible stuff that's suggested in Joseph's past and explicit in Hannah's scenes with that piece of **** (the worringly effective Eddie Marsen).

Just make sure you're in the mood to watch this film guys. Best comparison I can make is probably Nil By Mouth for those who are wary. It's still a beautiful film though.

4 stars.