The Videogames Tab

Tools    

I dunno, kinda tough to answer. Maybe the pre-Bethesda ones, honestly.

I would definitely spend some time troubleshooting the problem, playing them in the order you described earlier is definitely ideal. They definitely can run, it might not even take that long to fix.

Do you think it important enough to reorder them and try again instead of just going straight to Fallout 4? I'm also concerned after playing Skyrim so long I might not get over the outdated graphics, but was willing to give it a try.

Edit in - I think I'll just stick with Fallout 4. I know me, my brain won't shut up when I play an older game, and maybe it not booting up was a sign.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Tongo, did you try verifying the game files in Steam? Sometimes it is a glitch in the downloaded files or Steam's running of a game, and verifying the game files would at least eliminate that possibility.

Tongo, did you try verifying the game files in Steam? Sometimes it is a glitch in the downloaded files or Steam's running of a game, and verifying the game files would at least eliminate that possibility.
Well since Fallout 4 now is not loading Im gonna try everything Im even getting a Driver Updater program in case its that.

Whew! Ok it must have been the drivers. Theyre all updated and its launching and working. Now its time for Mods

Im gonna install as many of these as possible, except the shaders or the one that makes it look like Borderlands. Im also installing an ENB.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4/best-fallout-4-mods

I skipped the cheat mods and me playing as a Dog. Anything that requires me going into an .exe file and changing whatnot I skipped too

It's kinda out there to load up on mods your first time playing through, particularly mods that go beyond visual tweaks.

Yeah I woke up this morning and realized I was getting ahead of myself. Best to do at least one playthrough base game is the rule, and I can see the logic in it. I get to enjoy the game fresh, and have something to look forward too after. That Armorsmith Extended does look tempting though. I'll just play the base game with only ENB added to begin with. That way the achievements won't be disabled too.

There's a lot of benefit to a replay, as a different character, so yeah. For me mods are either basic QOL stuff if the menu sucks, and then after that, after a playthrough, a way to keep the game fresh and fun after.

There's a lot of benefit to a replay, as a different character, so yeah. For me mods are either basic QOL stuff if the menu sucks, and then after that, after a playthrough, a way to keep the game fresh and fun after.
What Quality Of Living mods would you suggest?

What Quality Of Living mods would you suggest?
I don't have enough memory offhand, most of my F4 playing was years ago, but with Bethesda it's usually just things like menu redos, or ones that streamline busy work.

Sometimes it's ideal to play until you find something annoying and then find a mod for it. Although looking at the top rated ones can work, too, since you'll inevitably see a few that are clearly just tweaks designed to avoid little headaches.

Guys I appreciate your help, and I hope you wont be annoyed but there is a gamechanger that just popped up. Finally Ghost of Tsushima (Directors Cut) is coming to PC on May 16th, and I preordered it. I have been waiting for over a year for them to announce this game for PC. Been wanting to play it longer than that. Plainly put, if my laptop cant run it, Ill buy a PS5 or a tower. Im not gonna get invested into any Open World Game as this will be the game ill be playing for a long while. I cant remember the last time Ive wanted to play a game as long as this one.

Meanwhile, I'm over here enjoying the new Morels: The Hunt game (second game in this franchise). Yes, it's exactly what you think it is: You walk around large forests or jungles (or whatever--there are many different locations) looking for mushrooms to pick up. You have daily and weekly tasks to fulfill (X amount of Y mushrooms, etc.). Along the way you are also trying to photograph various animals and insects you encounter. Dangerous animals such as wolves and bears won't exactly "attack" you (it's a fairly peaceful game that way), but they'll walk up to you and you'll hear growly noises, and your screen turns black-and-white and you rapidly start losing health. But you can quickly eat an energy bar and then RUN LIKE HELL and they don't usually follow you. If you're lucky, you'll find a second to snap a picture for your collection.

There are also mystery animals in each area. In the first game, one of the animals was Bigfoot. You don't know what they are, but since you're trying to get points for photographing animals, you often stumble on the mystery animal, snap a picture, and only then are told it was the mystery animal. Apparently in this new game, one area has a unicorn as the mystery animal.

Anyway, the vistas are fairly realistic, and exploring the area looking for mushrooms is a relaxing way to kill an entire Sunday afternoon. But it's a long way from a FPS game, that's for sure.

I tried playing something similar call Hunter: Call of the Wild, but it was too realistic, required patience and focus like real hunting. I guess I need at least a small dose of bright shiny object to keep my attention.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Guys I appreciate your help, and I hope you wont be annoyed but there is a gamechanger that just popped up. Finally Ghost of Tsushima (Directors Cut) is coming to PC on May 16th, and I preordered it. I have been waiting for over a year for them to announce this game for PC. Been wanting to play it longer than that. Plainly put, if my laptop cant run it, Ill buy a PS5 or a tower. Im not gonna get invested into any Open World Game as this will be the game ill be playing for a long while. I cant remember the last time Ive wanted to play a game as long as this one.
I hope that you enjoy this one. It was one of the greatest gaming experiences I've had.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I tried playing something similar call Hunter: Call of the Wild, but it was too realistic, required patience and focus like real hunting. I guess I need at least a small dose of bright shiny object to keep my attention.
I have that game and play it quite frequently (but not lately). It's a little scarier than I care for (I tend to opt for the vistas that have the least amount of big, nasty animals), and yeah, it's pretty realistic in terms of how hunting works. (My dad was an avid hunter and I accompanied him several times when he went small-game hunting.) So that does mean you end up walking around a lot and not even seeing animals.

I tried to get my dad interested in this game (since he's older now and doesn't hunt anymore), and he said he'd rather not play it. I'm guessing it's just a bit of a trigger (no pun intended) since he would love to still be hunting.