What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Ex Machina, definitely worth a rewatch. Sad to say there's no commentary though, I would've most definitely been interested in watching that, too.

Actually the main reason I bought it was because Brie Larson is in it, and I recently became interested in her as an actress. She only played a small role in this movie, but it was a pretty decent movie overall.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Got this from Family Dollar for $6. Minus the digital copy. I can't help but wonder how Canadian discs keep making it into the States. Edit: minus the French translation on the cover too.

It's a remake of a German film, will see it one day but want to see this remake version more. Be interesting to see how the obsessive compulsive disorder is treated in this film.

Got a few DVDs, none are available here in Britain at the moment and I don't think any of them are out on blu-ray. Also got a blu-ray in the same order.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Harry and Tonto

It just came in today - didn't work. Brand new, but the case was so light. I already had the film, but this DVD had the Director's Commentary. I tried it on my regular DVD player (it said "enter password) and it didn't work when I stuck it in my laptop.

Thirty year old mulberry field
I just got One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Pi, Dr Strangelove, Punch Drunk Love and Coffee & Cigarettes on dvd for $5 each.

Pretty pumped.

It was Dredd on Blu-ray. I caught most of it one night on TV and loved it so much I had to have it.

I'm not old, you're just 12.

and

I love these weird sort of animated films. I went into the shop looking to get Heavy Metal on Blu Ray, and I had mentioned to the clerk that I also would love to find Wizards. He didn't have that one, but he searched the shelves and found Fire and Ice, another film I was keen on getting. Too bad record shop employees don't work on commission, I guess.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/