Lets Talk Football

Tools    

I think Man City has been very underwhelming. When you look at who they've played so far, they really should be running away with things. They've only played one title contender so far, Tottenham, and were thoroughly outplayed.

I've been monitoring the story about our national teams wearing Remembrance Poppy armbands in the last few days. It's great to see that the FA have chosen to defy FIFA's ruling against their use in the upcoming games.
Further to this I'm dismayed that Wales will only be wearing black armbands without the poppy emblem.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well that game (City v Chelsea) turned really ugly really quickly. Had been a cracking game up until then as well; Chelsea were excellent in the second half. I may typically hate him but Diego Costa was exceptional, just dominated the City defence. As for the chaos at the end, it was a truly shocking challenge from Aguero and dreadful from Fernandinho as welll; I think he grabbed Fabregas by the throat at least 3 or 4 times before pushing him over the advertising boards

Cesc also slapped Fernandinho in the face before that which is why he reacted. Both were out of line though.

This game just gives me more confidence in my predictions. The league will go to Chelsea or Liverpool. They both look far superior to anyone else at the moment. Perhaps a lack of European games has helped them, but it's still very impressive. City, on the other hand, continue to disappoint. Will be a long season for their fans.

Feeling sorry for Slaven Bilic and West Ham. I hope they manage to turn things around.

Happy days, unexpectedly topping our group after an easy win thanks to Ludo holding PSG tp a draw

Cesc also slapped Fernandinho in the face before that which is why he reacted. Both were out of line though.

This game just gives me more confidence in my predictions. The league will go to Chelsea or Liverpool. They both look far superior to anyone else at the moment. Perhaps a lack of European games has helped them, but it's still very impressive. City, on the other hand, continue to disappoint. Will be a long season for their fans.
Not as long as for ours

Not as long as for ours
Everton?

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Well, Leicester came with their second team just 1 week after Porto finally started playing decently. 5-0 ended up being quite a natural result.

The way all the teams are placed I can't decide who has an easier task, the 1st place or the 2nd! Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG, they all are going to play against teams who worked hard to place 1st just to avoid teams like them! The draw will be an interesting one!

If Liverpool are to win the league (or possibly even finish top four) they need at least one central defender this January. I can't see that defence winning a title. Especially when Chelsea are the main opposition.

yes. one win in ten games. Constant poor performance with fans feeling disgruntled at not only no success but a lack of effort and the teamwork that we were always so proud of when I was young.

Champions League Draw:

Paris Saint Germain - Barcelona
Benfica - Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid - Napoli
Bayern München - Arsenal
Leverkusen - Atlético Madrid
Manchester City - Monaco
Porto - Juventus
Sevilla - Leicester City

Nobody really pays attention to/cares about the Club World Cup. They won 4-2 in extra time anyway, but i suppose it was pretty surprising since they used most of their first team. Europe has won four years in a row and nine of the last ten, and it's 9-4 for Europe against South America.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: football in Portugal.

http://www.thesportbible.com/footbal...n-him-20170104

This happened last night, in a time when Porto is protesting 19 (!!!) non-signaled penalties since the beggining of the season on the 3 domestic competitions, most of them outrageously obvious!