Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"

Tools    

Yeah, I feel like I've been hearing about this movie for ages! And we will have to wait until March to see it, oh sigh. I think we all agree that it will no doubt be visually stunning, but I actually think Burton is also a really creative and excellent storyteller. I read an interview with Burton about how he really wanted to develop the characters and make the whole plot more cohesive. I feel like this may have the potential to be one of his better works!

i am excited for this film..burtons vision with alice in wonderland should be fantastic

Oooh I saw that on Facebook! I so love the look of this so far...especially Anne Hathaway's White Queen. Not sure if you guys are fans of the Mad Hatter on there (I joined back in summer to see the trailer), but his status says if his updates gets 9,000 likes, they'll post another image....so hopefully that'll be soon!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im very exicited to see this I love the twist Burton puts on movies like this

Semper Fooey
Unlike the Sherlock Holmes trailer, which sucks, I can't tell if this is going to be good or not. That's a pretty sexy Alice, but that's okay with me, and the Mad Hatter looks like a Batmam villian (there is a Batman villian called the Mad Hatter, but I don't think they use him much). It has a fantastic look, but can Burton pull off a miracle and successfully adapt a story to the screen that has frustrated everyone before him? We'll find out. He has a good track record, but he's not always a miracle worker. Remember Planet of the Apes?

probably helena bonham carter. again. as usual.

New Alice in Wonderland Trailer

When the first teaser trailer (prematurely) hit the web for Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, not only was it our first proper look at Burton and long-time collaborator, Johnny Depp’s next film together, but it’s one of the classic fictional tales brought to life with a director who couldn’t be more perfect for the job.

Five months and some images and posters later, and we now have a new trailer for Alice In Wonderland which has just surfaced online. This one gives us a better look at a lot of the characters – definitely a helluva of a lot more of Depp as The Mad Hatter – and they all look great.

Check out the trailer below and enjoy:

In case you missed some of that (it’s a pretty fast paced trailer with a lot going on), the good folks over at /Film have taken the time to snap a whopping 40 stills from the trailer and post them to give us a better look at specific images from it. Below are only a few:

For the rest of the huge 40 image gallery you can over to /Film.

Alice in Wonderland’s huge cast includes Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Mia Wasikowska, Anne Hathaway, Crispin Glover, Stephen Fry, Matt Lucas, Michael Sheen, Christopher Lee, and Alan Rickman. It hits theaters on March 5th, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

Happy New Year from Philly!
^^^^^Does anyone agree with me that Johnny Depp looks like Meryl Streep or Lauren Hutton with a scary dye job in the above photo?

Semper Fooey
They finally decided to stop pissing around and make a trailer that actually represents what the movie is about. That looks absolutely sensational.

In the Beginning...
I think it looks terrible. The bizarre level is off the charts. Lewis Carrol's novel is too, admittedly, but I never saw it this way. I just don't think it translates well to film, and even if it did, I'm not sure Burton would be the right man to do it.

I think, for me, the reason this looks so awesome is because it's so bizarre. I always pictured wonderland to be super colorful and exaggerated and just plain crazy and Burton's most definitely captured that. I'm excited for sure.

Happy New Year from Philly!
A war in Wonderland?

No one in Carroll's Wonderland has the attention span to wage war.

This appears to bear no real relationship to Alice in Wonderland except that it has the same characters and those from Alice Through the Looking-glass. It looks as if it has a coherent (and boring) storyline in which an adult Alice goes to war against the Red Queen. Yawn.

Carroll's stories combine dream logic and game logic and a little girl who likes games and stories with pictures is always up to any of the shenanigans that the other characters put in her way. These characters may seem somewhat threatening to adults but Alice's is never non-plussed or frightened. She always has her integrity, that of a confident child playing a game. I think a frightened and sexual Alice is a mistake.

I hated what Burton did to Sweeney Todd. I am not sure I am going to like this either.

Oh well, we shall see. Now where did my dear Dinah go?