Night At The Museum

→ in
Tools    

In this new comedy directed by " Shawn Levy", Ben Stiller take's a menial job as a graveyard-shift security guard at a natural history museum. But during Larry's (Ben Stiller) watch something magical and unexpected happens, the exhibit's come to life. Cowboy's, Roman Gladiator's emerge into epic battle's. A T-Rex plays fetch with one of his bones, and a wax figure of Teddy Roosevelt gives Larry improtant advice while harboring a crush for a indian princess. As thing's in the museum get out of control, Larry must find a way to control the magic to stop a wicked plot and save the museum before the next shift. With a great cast: Ben Stiller, Carla Gugino, Kim Raver and film veterans Dick Van Dyke and Mickey Rooney. This is going to be one of the funniest films of the year, and is going to please fans of all ages.

Release Date: December 22, 2006
MPAA Rating: Not Rated

i like museums!!

Ben Stiler is quality, gotta be a good!

Found this trailer on the apple website. Had heard about the movie but wasn't sure about it but having seen the clip I'm impressed.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/nightatthemuseum/

In addition to young children and their parents, a lot of young adults seem interested in this (myself included). I suppose the presence of Stiller and Wilson has something to do with it. The monkey bit in one of the trailers helped, too, I'm sure. Dunno why, but it looks like it'll be funny in an all-ages sort of way.

I'd watch it at a dollar theatre or just wait until I can Netflix it.

20th Century Fox
Presents
"A Night at the Museum"

Release Date: December 22, 2006 (conventional theaters & IMAX)

Directed by: Shawn Levy
Screenwriter: Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon
Starring: Ben Stiller, Carla Gugino, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, Bill Cobbs, Ricky Gervais, Robin Williams
Official Website: NightattheMuseum.com | MySpace.com/NightattheMuseum

Teaser Trailer
Theatrical Trailer
International Trailer 1
International Trailer 2
TV Spot 1
TV Spot 2
TV Spot 3
Extended Clip
Clips (Various)

The hallowed halls of the Natural History Museum are lined with the most amazing things – wild-eyed prehistoric creatures, fierce ancient warriors, long lost tribes, African animals and history's legendary heroes – all frozen forever in time. Or... are they? In the action-adventure-comedy, "Night at the Museum," the brand new night guard at the Natural History Museum is about to discover that when the visitors go home at the end of the day, the real adventure begins – as the museum's stuffed, waxed and well-preserved residents come out to play.

The fantastical adventure kicks off when Larry Daley (Ben Stiller), a down-and-out dreamer whose imaginative ideas have never paid off, finds himself in desperate need of a job. Larry has always believed he was destined for big things. But he has no idea just how literally gargantuan and hairy a challenge he will face when he grudgingly accepts the supposedly menial graveyard shift as a security guard at the Natural History Museum. On his very first night on the job, Larry is handed an over-sized flashlight and a dog-eared instruction manual, then left all alone in the eerily quiet, cavernous museum. At least, he thinks he's alone.

But wait, what's that noise? To his utter astonishment and disbelief, Larry watches in shock and awe as, one by one, the primeval beasts and storied icons that surround him stir magically to life – and total havoc ensues. Now, as Tyrannosaurus Rex and Attila The Hun carve a swath of destruction through the marble corridors, and lions and monkeys prowl the fragile exhibits, Larry is at a loss as to how to get the museum back under control. At his wit's end, Larry must recruit the help of historical heavyweight Teddy Roosevelt (Robin Williams) just to survive the night. Facing the possibility of losing his job and letting down his son Nick yet again, Larry must wage an incredible battle to save the museum, hoping to become at last the bold, adventurous dad he's always wanted to be. The man who's been forever waiting for his moment of greatness – just found it.

Going to see this tonight.

Last seen movie at home: Caffeine
The Last Movie in theatres: 300

here's a lod more links i've dug out...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NightAtTheMuseum

Clip “Who is evolved” =

Clip ”Unleash Hill” =

Clip “Lerry with Jad and Octavius” =

Clip “Larry and Rex” =

Clip “Rexy comes to life” =

Clip “Larry quits” =

Clip ’Larry and Terry Roosevelt” =

Clip Larry meets a train” =

Clip “Dexter and Larry” =

Clip ”Larry and Rebecca” =

Donkey Punch-Drunk Love
It was amazing. Owen Wilson has redeemed himself in my books, after his antics with Kate Hudson, and his disappointment in The Big Bounce. Sorry, but Cars and You Me & Dupree didnt quite cut it in my mind.

I agree with that - Owen Wilson definitely showed some of his old "Wedding Crashers" "Starsky and Hutch" skill in this film. I thought the whole film was good.

Anybody got any opinions on Ricky Gervais in this film?

I ask because none of my friends really liked his role but I thought he was very funny.

Shared Hosting from $1.50 per month!
Also offer Reseller hosting, VPS, and dedicated servers!

It's a feel good movie for children, I think...hehe so to all young at hearts out there you'll like this movie. :-)

me too I love visiting museums...l learn a lot of things from it

I saw the movie too, I also reviewed it on my blog, but I cant add any links until i have more than 10 posts. Anyway, the movie is good, and it gives you a fair amount of solid laughter.

Night at the museum. I saw this on dvd and loved it. I wish I had seen it in theaters. I liked the cast and storyline, and the movie was hilarious.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
My kids and I saw this when it came out. I had two free tickets due to buy Lowe's gift cards for Christmas and my son couldn't wait to see it.

We enjoyed it a great deal. It was a laugh riot for us. We were in the mood for that sort of thing at the time.