Cool Hand Luke

→ in
Tools    

I'd always been aware of the film title but didn't have a clue what the story was about. I really enjoyed it and it was good seeing Paul Newman in an earlier role as I always see him as an older guy, I can now say I'm a bit of a fan. Also loved the character of dragline played by George Kennedy, the story is of Luke, a charismatic loner, war veteren, who's goes to prison, a chain gang, for knocking the heads of a load of parking meters whilst drunk, there he makes his name, cool hand, though finds it hard to bend to the rules, I don't want to give too much away, but its a really nice character driven piece and well worth seeing if you haven't already. Thanks.

It's better one thread per film. If not, it gets messy and you just miss most opinions. This way it's at least somewhat organized.

Did't watch this film.

Loved COOL HAND LUKE...actually saw it in the theater during its original theatrical release...powerhouse performances from Newman and George Kennedy. I think this was the film that initiated my fascination with prison movies.

Guess I will then

Loved COOL HAND LUKE...actually saw it in the theater during its original theatrical release...powerhouse performances from Newman and George Kennedy. I think this was the film that initiated my fascination with prison movies.
Yeah george kennedy is brilliant in it, i love the way his character likes luke so enthusiasticly lol such a good film, i didnt even know dennis hopper was in it until i saw the extras, his character only mumbled occasionally, though every prisoner/actor had been carefully hand-picked.

My sweet sweet luke!