0%
0 votes
Unsure
33.33%
11 votes
None Of The Above
33 votes. You may not vote on this poll

If Theres No-one There You Like,Please Write it Down

My top three at this very moment are Quentin Tarantino, Steven Sodebergh and Paul Thomas Anderson. Though not necessarily in that order.

And meanwhile, you spelt Kubrick wrong.

The master to me is: Martin Scorsese.

Other greats are P.T Anderson, Wes Anderson, Darren Aronofsky (though it is to early in his career), Tarantino, Terry Gilliam, Coen Bros, Hughes Bros (though "From Hell" was a bust), David Fincher and I'm sure some others, but I don't want to bore you.

David Fincher, Robert Zemeckis, Bryan Singer, Oliver Stone and Sam Raimi are just some.

Doesn't this thread say Director?

I'll have to take the heat and say Spielberg. I know that it is chique to say you hate 'em, but I don't. Out of all the director's out there, he's made more films that I absolutely LOVE!

Jaws
Empire of the Sun
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List
Close Encounters
Catch Me if You Can
The Color Purple
Poltergiest
Raiders of the Lost Arc
Jurrasic Park
Amistad
AI
Minority Report
and of course, E.T

There are other directors that I love like, Scorsese, both Andersons, Stone, etc. But none have so many personal four star flicks, though they may have a few.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Living...
Marty Scorsese

All-time...
Akira Kurosawa

Of the directors you listed as poll choices, it'd easily be Kubrick first and Hitchcock second. None of the others would make my top twenty of all-time, and only a couple would make my list for best living directors - though Peter Jackson is battling his way up there, while Ridley Scott continues to freefall.

Also, check out THIS thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Scorsese

I am having a nervous breakdance
I would have to say Scorsese too.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Favorite and Greatest Director: Hitchcock.

Runners up no order:
Coppola
Kurosawa
Scorsese
Huston
Tarantino
Kubrick
Lang
Branagh (What? I love his Shakespeare and Dead Again)
Melville
Godard
Coen

and about ten others

Fighting out of the Lions Den
Kubrick
Cameron
Spielberg

My favorite directors-

Quentin Tarantino
Martin Scorcese
Guy Ritchie
Ridley Scott
Spielberg
Steve Sodebergh
John Hughes
Michael Mann (Ali and Heat are ****n masterpieces)
Stanley Kubrick
Dave Fincher
Darren Arronofsky
Terry Gilliam

where's wes anderson? he's an incredible director although he's only got a few movies, rushmore and the royal tenenbaums are incredible. and i hear bottle rocket was great but i have yet to see it. personally i likle quientin terrantino but i wonder what the future holds for him, he's making some kung-fu movie with uma thurman and lisa lu i wonder what that will end up like...personally i hated jackie brown, a **** movie to follow up pulp fiction and resevoir dogs...

kubrick is my pick of the ones there....incredible director that won't be soon forgotten.

Originally posted by g0dzer0
where's wes anderson? he's an incredible director although he's only got a few movies, rushmore and the royal tenenbaums are incredible. and i hear bottle rocket was great but i have yet to see it. personally i likle quientin terrantino but i wonder what the future holds for him, he's making some kung-fu movie with uma thurman and lisa lu i wonder what that will end up like...personally i hated jackie brown, a **** movie to follow up pulp fiction and resevoir dogs...
You're crazy. Jackie Brown is Tarantino's best movie by far. It owns Pulp and Reservoir Dogs. And you can see the trailer for Kill Bill online. It looks awesome.

Ever forgotten more like it.

Kill Bill is coming out this year. It is way more than just a Kung Fu movie. It is also a revenge picture. With very little of the Tarantino dialogue you've come to expect. But it should be a great movie [I liked Jackie Brown, but whatever] all the same.

And then he is following it up with a prequel to both Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction called The Vega Brothers about Vince and Vic. Set sometime in the eighties. Should be fun.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I voted "None of The Above," though I haven't seen any of his films..... My favorite directors are Tim Burton, Oliver Stone, Sam Raimi, John Waters, and Kevin Smith. Of the names on your list, I have to go with Spielberg.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Indeed. Kill Bill looks to be utterly delightful.

And yes, Holden. I thought that may have been the case.