10 votes
Waking Life
42.86%
12 votes
Boondock Saints
28 votes. You may not vote on this poll

fairly unpopular must see films.

donnie darko - about a skitzo kid who has to save the world

boondock saints - awesome movie about two irish brothers protected by god that go on a crusade.

waking life- movie about people and their different beliefs about life and conditions surrounding humanity, incredible movie if you're really into philosophical conversation.

barton fink- movie about a guy trying to make it big in the 1950's as a screenwriter but stumbles onto something that changes his life, its kind of like a david lynch film (he did lost highway, mulholland drive) its good if you like that genre of film.

post some movies and give brief descriptions people, i need new films to check out.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I would like to add some:

Last Days of Disco

Bully

State and Main

Amores Perros

The Fellowship of the Ring

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

g0dzer0, I once again agree with you.
The Boondock Saints is a must see movie, especially now that a sequels coming out to continue the story of the McManus brothers.

Also
Tigerland- Ive noticed that not many people know about it.

Frailty was absolutely fantastic but....as i work for blockbuster....i've come to realize that not many people have seen it.
and of course halloween is one of the most must see movies of all time!!!!!
nuf said

Boondock Saints is an awesome movie! I love it. They're makn a sequel?! It better not suck.

isnīt donnie darko kind of hyped, or at least was for a while?

FRAILTY...yeah i remember that...i thought that was great...was that the one where the guy narrating it was the brother, and their father was bill pullman and he was psycho??

Paxton. Bill Paxton, and he also directed it.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Almost everyone I have spoken to who saw Donnie Darko absoloutley loved it. Just because something didn't do well at the box office [not that I know how Darko fared] doesn't mean it is unpopular. There is a difference between being unpopular and not finding an audience, even an unhappy one.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
I`ll nominate Election.
A superb dark comedy, that has no doubt suffered from a lousy DVD/VHS cover.

"I can't help it..."
Pups!
Its a film people hardly ever see, because of its direct to video
release. The acting was brilliant, especially from new comers Cameron Van Hoy & Mischa Barton.

2 Days In The Valley
This is another direct to video film, but once again, is really brilliant. It follows the trend of Pulp Fiction & Snatch, and is nearly of the same high standard!

Can't think of any more right now, will post more soon!
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Originally posted by liam5000
2 Days In The Valley
I could've sworn that was a theater release. I liked it, but not nearly as much as Pulp Fiction. You could tell it was hanging on some coat tails.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Both Pups and 2 Days in the Valley had U.S. theatrical releases, though Pups was only an arthouse run and 2 Days was a bomb barely breaking $10-million - one of the many Tarantino-lite projects that the public rejected.

But I assume Liam meant Australian theatrical releases, and since both films were already financial failures by then, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the studios decided to go for video-only releases in some of the other markets.

I would've made a sexy chick
Pi was, ummmm, very intersting movie hahah. You should check it out. Donnie Darko VERY good movie, i like the part where hes talking to the insperational counsler. Mad Max movies, all of them, hopefully the new one wont suck. Anyone remeber the Pest? if you do i would like to hear your thouhgts on it. One more that i wanna know aboot....eye of the Beholder was that a very well known? you know with Ashely Judd and Ewan McGregor.

Originally posted by Brodie
eye of the Beholder was that a very well known? you know with Ashely Judd and Ewan McGregor.
That movie had so much promise, then it fell into a standard cliche. Ho-hum ending also. Too bad, I thought I was really going to like it too.

"The Traveller". Bill Paxtons directorial debut. I really enjoyed it, and I've yet to hear anyone EVER mention it. Mark Wahlberg also stars in this crime noirish underwatched film. Watch it, let us know what you thought.

"Chuck and Buck". A really interesting dark comedy.

Get off my island
Originally posted by Jonny Goodboy
I`ll nominate Election.
A superb dark comedy, that has no doubt suffered from a lousy DVD/VHS cover.
Hey, I'll second that one!

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Originally posted by liam5000
[b]Pups!
Its a film people hardly ever see, because of its direct to video
release. The acting was brilliant, especially from new comers Cameron Van Hoy & Mischa Barton.
The comment in IMDb was: "Pups" tells of a 13 year old boy/girl couple who attempt to rob a bank with Reynolds playing the on-scene FBI honcho. Total rubbish, poorly acted, with a terrible script, awful acting, lousy direction, and no sense at all of police procedure, etc. this flick has no entertainment value, is a new low for Burt Reynolds, and is generally a complete and utter waste of time.

People sure have different taste for movies....well..i gotta see myself to give my opinion

A definite must-see movie is Fight Club. I don even know people who haven't seen it yet

I remember seeing this movie a few years back that was just eerie, shockingly cool, nobody i have asked has ever seen it... it was called nightwatch, about a newly hired nightwatchmen working in the city morgue and a cop that loved corpses a little too much, if I remember correctly it had pratricia arquiete.

Also Dark city and city of lost children were good and not very popular.

And last but not least I think I am the only person in the world that actually liked water world. go figure

BANNED
I saw Waking Life at a friends house.its alright if your really in the mood to argue bout philisophical theories (non scientific just abstract)......Also its very clever how they made it with those cartoons and all.Great lil thinking movie